???? about jetting

Most pipes using the stock carby will perform well on the middle clip on the needle.

The low/mid pipes seem to like a richer needle, especially the DMC Alien which loves the stock needle on the richest (lowest) setting.

ok so your telling me my setting is currently lean (on the needle)?

i am hopefully gonna finally have a little extra cash to get a couple jets and my air filter

im getting 2 jets right now a 280 and a 290 will plug chop to confirm and maybe a 300 just incase i need to go higher

and a k&n airfilter

also gonna do the block off thats why im starting so high in the main jet

wss8xu.gif

this is what i found my clip is currently on space # 2 going V in direction from top

try the middle clip, i've never had to do any other clip besides the middle, on my stockish blaster with pipe/filter/vf-3's

btw...your paint skillz are better than mine, LOL

great thanks for clearing it up for me should have seen the quad had it stripped to the frame but sadly im not doing to frame till i rebulid this winter.

i took auto body learned some tips about how you can turn regular spray paint into more of a car paint by sprayig the paint+ hardner together at once then clear coating not sure how it will last tho

To my way of thinking, unless you are using an aftermarket needle that usually come in a kit, position 2 is too lean.

Is the needle red or blue? A stock needle is usually ok on the 3rd or 4th clip position.

Is there any signs of fuel leakage from the carby, the float level could be set too high and allowing an excess of fuel.

To my way of thinking, unless you are using an aftermarket needle that usually come in a kit, position 2 is too lean.

Is the needle red or blue? A stock needle is usually ok on the 3rd or 4th clip position.

Is there any signs of fuel leakage from the carby, the float level could be set too high and allowing an excess of fuel.

my needle is a copper color noe the clip is black float was adjusted by me because it was flooding its self ill drop it a clip tonight and see how it runs

1-2 jets for filter
1-2 jets for lid
1 jet for premix

leaves u at 260-280 ish. no need to change anything else. plug chop to confirm. start at 280 or 290

Q10 has summed it up here.

Needle on centre clip should serve well.

Before you attempt to plug chop, the float level and idle setting must be correct, otherwise it may affect the overall result.

It is possible to plug chop the needle.