A piece of my piston broke

What causes this to occur ? and what steps should I take to rebuild

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B
If its that fast, why would you want to put a super bike engine in it?
I want more power...and to do the things I want to, to the blasters engine is gonna cost me almost as much as putting a superbike engine
The engine on the blaster is broken and I don't wanna waste my time fixing it To get the same old boring power
To me it seems like the better thing to do

I....I...I just dont understand....... You say it stomped a 450R. Basically a race ready 4 stroke with almost 40HP from the factory!!!! You can get that much HP out of a blaster motor without sinking 3 grand into the motor alone....

But even though you "STOMPED" a 450R you want more power? Ok have fun with your swap, good luck with it as its not a easy thing.

funniest thing i have seen in a while...."stomped" LMAO hahahahahaha

I....I...I just dont understand....... You say it stomped a 450R. Basically a race ready 4 stroke with almost 40HP from the factory!!!! You can get that much HP out of a blaster motor without sinking 3 grand into the motor alone....

But even though you "STOMPED" a 450R you want more power? Ok have fun with your swap, good luck with it as its not a easy thing.

Hehe...whatever makes you sleep at night bud

How do I post videos on this site ?
I will show you the video of it and you tell me what you see...yeah it got 40hp but its a fat ass bike...on gravel it smokes me but on tarmac I stay ahead...

3k of what work exactly please do tell me ? With all due respect you seem like you know your sh*t...and if someone said what I did I would probably recognize it as bullshit too...laugh all you wanna ☺its free..glad to put a smile on your face

I can definitely tell you it is so much less work and time to build up a nice Blaster engine and reinstall it than it is to modify a Blaster to fit a streetbike engine. I've done it and it took a long long time to do well.

Cost wise it can be much less if you can get a nice cheap and running engine. YOu'll need to buy some steel and minor other things but if you've never done any fab work before it could be easy to get in over your head as you'll definitely have to get creative on some things.

It's also much heavier and longer than other Blaster's and rides like a completely different bike than a light 2 stroke quad the Blaster is.

Reactions: Moosa
I can definitely tell you it is so much less work and time to build up a nice Blaster engine and reinstall it than it is to modify a Blaster to fit a streetbike engine. I've done it and it took a long long time to do well.

Cost wise it can be much less if you can get a nice cheap and running engine. YOu'll need to buy some steel and minor other things but if you've never done any fab work before it could be easy to get in over your head as you'll definitely have to get creative on some things.

It's also much heavier and longer than other Blaster's and rides like a completely different bike than a light 2 stroke quad the Blaster is.
Thanks for the advice its much appreciated. I think I am just gonna fix the bike for now and when it breaks again I'll put a streetbike engine. Your bike looks amazing man Nicely done

Reactions: Larry's Shee
IIRC you're in S. Africa, correct? Keep an eye out for a Dt 200 . This is engine that the Blaster is based on. Would be direct bolt in, just add water !! Yamaha also made a Dt 220 and Dt230 don't know if they were imported to SA.
Also keep an eye out for a YZ 250 or most any KTM , though bigger than 300 is a little harder to fit.
Reason I say this is because a single cylinder 2s is lighter and easier to fit.
There is a build thread using a 500/550 Yammy engine that didn't need frame stretching to fit.

Reactions: Moosa
I agree with buckster, I'm calling BS on that "stomping" a 450. There is no way in hell that a blaster would beat a 450 without a swap. There must be something wrong with that 450 or the dude that's driving it. Like he said, 450s have 40HP stock and if you simply do a pipe, filter, and rejet they will have 45HP+. A blaster has less than half that.

I have successfully done a 240 big bore and +3 crank with all the goodies to maximize its power. My blaster would only hold even against my cousin's piped z400. I had a buddy that had a stock kfx450r and he left both of us like we were standing still. Yes, I am a big guy so that is holding back my blaster quite a bit but my cousin on the 400 is even bigger and my buddy on the 450 is just as big as me.

If you have a blaster that is "stomping" a 450 then don't do anything with it because you just found the LEGENDARY, SUPER RARE, NEVER SEEN BEFORE, MAGIC blaster!

If you want something faster than an already 450 stomper, better save your money for a 500cc+ big bore stroked banshee. If you were truly stomping 450s, then you would not be asking how to add more power because that blaster would have so much power already that you wouldn't be able to handle it. 99% of all riders will never be able to push a 450 to its limits. Only professional riders can truly use a 450 to the limits and look for more power.

Last edited:
I agree with buckster, I'm calling BS on that "stomping" a 450. There is no way in hell that a blaster would beat a 450 without a swap. There must be something wrong with that 450 or the dude that's driving it. Like he said, 450s have 40HP stock and if you simply do a pipe, filter, and rejet they will have 45HP+. A blaster has less than half that.

I have successfully done a 240 big bore and +3 crank with all the goodies to maximize its power. My blaster would only hold even against my cousin's piped z400. I had a buddy that had a stock kfx450r and he left both of us like we were standing still. Yes, I am a big guy so that is holding back my blaster quite a bit but my cousin on the 400 is even bigger and my buddy on the 450 is just as big as me.

If you have a blaster that is "stomping" a 450 then don't do anything with it because you just found the LEGENDARY, SUPER RARE, NEVER SEEN BEFORE, MAGIC blaster!

If you want something faster than an already 450 stomper, better save your money for a 500cc+ big bore stroked banshee. If you were truly stomping 450s, then you would not be asking how to add more power because that blaster would have so much power already that you wouldn't be able to handle it. 99% of all riders will never be able to push a 450 to its limits. Only professional riders can truly use a 450 to the limits and look for more power.
You probably right...the guy didn't know how to ride properly and we raced for like 150m lol...it sounds like bullshit but I was in front for the 150m...I understand what you mean...
it is high unlikely to beat a 400 with a blaster and I do know this lol
When I raced him I couldn't believe it myself and I wouldn't expect anyone here to believe it

Engine is going in this weekend finally for a complete rebuild...my carb has bigger jets and I think the engine is also ported and polished and I have an aftermarket exhaust.

Is there anything else I can do more to this engine to get more power out of it ? I can only think of the v-force reeds

I'mma stir the hornets nest with my mythical magical pump gas drinking 200cc nasty fast blaster that took down several of these magically overly power rides that can't be beaten by the hands of god.....
2 trx250r
1 KXT 250
1 Banshee
1 kxf450r
1 ltz400
1 raptor 700
Several other's that i didn't think much of.

Take note, these are not official races, they are on trails and in the sand. We all gave it hell, but the little blaster was always the fastest.

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/dyno-graph-pic.43740/ <- I've have several conversations with these guys over the years.

And to further some history of the YFS motor. It was based on the DT/IT125 motor, which became the YT125 motor, which became the YT175, then the DT200 and then the YFS200.

Last edited:
I'mma stir the hornets nest with my mythical magical pump gas drinking 200cc nasty fast blaster that took down several of these magically overly power rides that can't be beaten by the hands of god.....
2 trx250r
1 KXT 250
1 Banshee
1 kxf450r
1 ltz400
1 raptor 700

Take note, these are not official races, they are on trails and in the sand. We all gave it hell, but the little blaster was always the fastest.

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/dyno-graph-pic.43740/ <- I've have several conversations with these guys over the years.

And to further some history of the YFS motor. It was based on the DT/IT125 motor, which became the YT125 motor, which became the YT175, then the DT200 and then the YFS200.
Lol great point made!!!
I don't find that hard to believe at all. Most people here do for some reason.....

2 trx250r
1 KXT 250
1 Banshee
1 kxf450r
1 ltz400
1 raptor 700

While yes its possible, if you read back this was a bone stock blaster, no porting, stroker, head mod, pipe, NOTHING.

I dont care who you are, you can put jesus himself on a bone stock blaster they will lose every single time. Unless the other riders miss shifts, start in reverse or if jesus is riding the blaster, the race is on water.

Reactions: Markblaster
While yes its possible, if you read back this was a bone stock blaster, no porting, stroker, head mod, pipe, NOTHING.

I dont care who you are, you can put jesus himself on a bone stock blaster they will lose every single time. Unless the other riders miss shifts, start in reverse or if jesus is riding the blaster, the race is on water.
It's not bone stock...

Forgot to mention the part where the blaster rider sneakily unbolts the other rides rear sprocket :-D

STOCK IS SO SLOW. :eek: