a little smoke?

xNOLOVEx

Oct 21, 2011
okay, im new here. i been around many threads, without siging up you guys helped me out through quite a bit i thank you guys for that. but now i signed up to talk a little more then just reading.
i know this ^^ may be off topic but im sorry. but this may be a noobish question.
-okay i got a 01 blaster about hmm 5 months ago. when i start it, it smokes a little bit. i always let warm about 8-10 mintues. then when i ride it smokes quite a bit untill i get to like 3rd gear then it stops for the rest of the ride untill cold start like (next day) that was with stock pipes but now i have FMF fatty w/ power core 2 and it still does the same thing:-/
-any help please n thank you! or is this normal??? i always take care of it wash after every dirty ride, change trans oil every 2 months. and its oil injection i use yamalube.

it should be fine unless its white smoke and smells like burning plastic. mine will smoke more when cold then when its warmed up. Did you jet for the pipe? you need to start at a 290 and work you way down doing plug chops.

It is normal for it to emit blue smoke until it warms up.
Even when it warms up and the throttle is backed off it will give a little puff until you get back onto the throttle.

^^^^ As above white smoke means trouble, and did you re jet for the new pipe

no i didnt jet... everything is stock untill i save some money. the only new things i have is the FMF pipes, rims and tires.

i know this may be off topic too but my name doesnt mean anything like trouble or disrespect i just used my online name from PS3.lol

Don't even consider riding it until you re jet!

There is a great possibility that the motor will die!

When you put on an aftermarket pipe the engine will breathe so much better and more air will enter the carby.

One now has to richen up the fuel to compensate for the extra air. If you run the engine too lean it most certainly will over heat and damage will occur!

Last edited:
When I seen the Title I was thinkin something else....

Anyhow if your all stock but a pipe and still have airbox lid on you'll probably end up around 270-290 as stated.

what do you mean by die! lol, blown motor?
so 270-290 jetting is what i should get. ill call local store tomorrow
what if i take my air lid off? same jetting still.

Need another size or two bigger if you take off the lid.

Yup BLOWN motor if you ride it without proper jetting!

Now search the forum for plug chops and leak down testing, just a little light reading that may save you big $$$$

okay thanks man i appreciate it alot.:)
ill read some more about that leak down test n plug chop

another quesion, with new jetting how will i now when it runs right?
i never changed jetting:(

I would say you need a 260 Hex main jet their tiny brass passageways inside the bottom/bowl of the carberator. Any respictable dealer or parts store will have these on hand. Not to fear their only $3 each. But when your talking to the guy and tell him you need a (MI-Koon-E) Mikuni 260 hex jet and a 35 pilot jet and he'll install it and clean it spotless inside and out and replace your lines for between 35-50 dollars. I dont know if that includes putting it back on the bike or not but it dosent hurt to ask while you got your carb there.
But I'm assuming you know how to shut the fuell off disconnect the fuel hose and get a small + phillips screw driver and pressing hard unscrew the bowl from the top. and the main jet is the big one in the center on the stem take a 6mm wrench and break it loose and put inn your new main jet. Then looking the long hole goes your pilot jet you'll need a | screwdriver a very small one take that out and replace with the new one.Put it all together put it back on and you'll be good to go with a 35 pilot and a 260 main jet and I did account for your now removed air bix lid. your welcome.

Do not change the pilot jet, keep it stock at 32.5. Unless you are running a highly modded motor, the stock 32.5 jet works just fine

Start with a #270 main, if you take the air box lid off a #290 and do plug chops reducing it to get it right.

Read up on plug chops it is important to get it right!

It is far better to err on the rich side than take a chance of running lean and doing damage, only costs a measley $6.

It is a good idea to do a leak down test to make sure that everything is assembled right.

Do not change the pilot jet, keep it stock at 32.5. Unless you are running a highly modded motor, the stock 32.5 jet works just fine

Start with a #270 main, if you take the air box lid off a #290 and do plug chops reducing it to get it right.

Read up on plug chops it is important to get it right!

It is far better to err on the rich side than take a chance of running lean and doing damage, only costs a measley $6.

It is a good idea to do a leak down test to make sure that everything is assembled right.

X2^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!

ok well i went to my local dealer he told me to start with a 260 main. also told me to try to put the needle clip down and try it.
do i have to bring the needle up?? or can i just try the 260 and see how it goes?