A little advice please

bansheeclay

May 3, 2012
In a House
I am looking to buy my son a stock blaster. Looking for a relatively late model. What should I expect to pay for one that hasn't been ragged out?

Thanks,

Clay

03-06 in good condition expect to pay around 1500-2500 any older and i wouldnt pay more than 1000. if you keep your eyes open on pennswoods and craigslist you should be able to find a good deal

i wouldn't pay more than $1500/1800 for a bone stock 03+ in MINT shape

Depends on where you are located, I wouldn't pay any more then $1000 for any blaster really. Unless it an 03 to 06 blaster, then probably about up to $1500

I just bought an 01, completely stock except tires and grips for $600 and I bought an 04 (needing a top end) for $500. I'm in north east Tennessee, there have been several nice looking Blasters on the local CL in that price range lately. They are listed higher but both sellers I dealt with lowered the price over the phone by just asking "what's the best cash price today? I can be there in a hour to pick it up."

Your best bet is to find one needing a top end, or any other simple fix. You can find then for $500 or less. Worst case scenario, if you had to rebuild the top end ($125), replace all the electrical and ignition ($125) and rebuild the carb ($13), replace the reeds ($25) you'd still have less than $800 in it.