A good charity that helps kids

itstyler

Jan 20, 2011
Child's Play

I wanted to post this up for everybody to take a look at. I had the privilege of meeting some of the organizers for this charity several years ago when working at gamebattles.com i can honestly say they are some of the best people ive ever met, i make a point to donate once or twice a year and if you guys got a few bucks to spare its a pretty great cause.

Basically they bring toys and video games to sick kids who are spending the holidays in a hospital, Im not typically somebody that gets "moved" by things like this but i love kids and its pretty heartbreaking to think there are kids who will wake up in a hospital bed christmas morning.

I just stop in every 6 months or so and see what they have going on, i dont donate a lot usually $20-$30 but with lots of people doing that they can make things happen.

I know the big reason i liked what they are doing is they bring the kids tv stations in their hospital room that have a xbox 360 or whatever console they want, in most cases these kids would otherwise have nothing but basic cable if they are lucky. Obviously anybody who has spent some time in a hospital knows its incredibly boring especially for kids.

I just stop in every 6 months or so and see what they have going on, i dont donate a lot usually $20-$30 but with lots of people doing that they can make things happen.

I know the big reason i liked what they are doing is they bring the kids tv stations in their hospital room that have a xbox 360 or whatever console they want, in most cases these kids would otherwise have nothing but basic cable if they are lucky. Obviously anybody who has spent some time in a hospital knows its incredibly boring especially for kids.

When I was younger, I spent about a week in the hospital, it actually went over my birthday and I was stuck there. It was a pretty bad feeling to not be able to celebrate my birthday, I couldn't imagine christmas and new years. The hospital did have a game station! It had an N64 and PS1 in it, which made it pretty cool. It's nice to hear that they are still doing this. Sounds like a good cause.