A few questions? - some help please!!!

thomas-ralph

Jul 22, 2011
South Wales , United Kingdom
First of all just got my v-force 3,s today - Only toke 3 days to ship form US to uk :D

Any way it all seems to be assembaled but theres another bit there that looks like it goes into the intake manafold where does it goo?:-/

Theres also 2 nuts and 2 washers where do they go?

When the reeds are fitted what size main JET should i use - FMF gold series pipe , powercore 2 , V-force 3 reeds and air box lid removed - its a standerd carb and hasnt been jetted yet.

If i want to clean my carb should i clean it in a bolw of petrol and brush?

Can i connect a tether kill switch straight into the the on-off switch wires and not use the standerd on off switch?

Last edited:
not sure about the nutts and washers. that little piece goes on the reed cage then into the intake boot but it probably won't fit I'll see if i can find ya a link to how to mod it to fit

If you're talking about the little funnel piece, then yeah you'll have to mod it like scot said.
I opened mine up a bit more though.

33b3i4i.jpg

210irt0.jpg

yes you can wire in a teather kill switch.

with those mods i would say you should be running between a 270 and 300. probably end up 280 or 290.

that would work but i would just spray it down real good with carb cleaner before unclamp it. then scrub it down. spray carb cleaner through all the circuts in the carb. be careful with the floats. might as well order a rebuild kit while you're there. just a little insurance and they are pretty cheap

yes you can wire in a teather kill switch.

with those mods i would say you should be running between a 270 and 300. probably end up 280 or 290.

that would work but i would just spray it down real good with carb cleaner before unclamp it. then scrub it down. spray carb cleaner through all the circuts in the carb. be careful with the floats. might as well order a rebuild kit while you're there. just a little insurance and they are pretty cheap

Aww great info Thanks:D
will do the teather switch , v-froce 3,s and may atempt to rejet tomorrow. Duno weather to try rejeting never done it before or cleaned a carb Lol , And dont want to mess it up or break ant thing

Also theres a wire running to the swingarm and stops like 1 inch to the sprocket
Is that a speedo wire or some thing - Can i remove it?