A couple new pics of my '06

doc_speeder

Feb 14, 2009
Lethbridge AB
Here it is. It's not really shiny and pretty, I barely have time to ride let alone polish...

IMG_5340.jpg

IMG_5335.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

Looks good, Interesting front frame guard. I:I

lookin good except that "air dam" up front, thats gonna block alot of fresh air from gettin to the motor ????

lookin good except that "air dam" up front, thats gonna block alot of fresh air from gettin to the motor ????

It seems like it would, but I've run it like that for the last year with no bad effects. It's not a frame guard, it's a legal requirement to be licensed and insured to ride on crown land. I just wrapped my skid plate up the front and bolted the plate to it. It's about the only place I can put it without it getting destroyed.

As far as sitting tall, yes it does. On purpose. It's sort of a necessity for the stuff we ride in. Lots of huge tree roots, fallen logs to jump, rocks to crawl over and mud holes to blast.

The Blaster is really an ideal machine for the trails we ride in the mountains. I wish for reverse sometimes, but the light weight and snappy power are really fun to ride. My two riding buds that I ride with most have Rappy 700's and Outlaw 525's. More power is nice, but light weight and agility are far more important in the mountains here.

got one question. why does your 06 have a pre 03 hood? that"s cool look you got goin there.

I don't like the late style hood/light setup, and I had an opportunity for a straight trade with somebody that didn't like their pre-03 hood. I got the Banshee headlights off Ebay for like $10. I thought it would be unique. If anybody is thinking about it though, the hood IS NOT a direct swap. It actually involved some cutting/welding the mounts for the CDI unit.

Lookin good ... really like the hood & suspension .. those mud lites are the way to go on our mountain trails here too ...

I only have one ride on the Mud Lites. But they flat out rock! Very supple, unlike most 6 ply rated tires. Light too! The Mud Lites on the STI rims are 7 lbs!! per side lighter than the GBC Gators/steel rims I had on before. WAAAAAY more comfortable ride too. If anybody is wondering, the Gators really suck bad.