99 blaster wont start

blasterjerry

Mar 3, 2015
rosendale,mo
I have spark new coil and cleaned the carb it got brand new vforce reeds and a small maby 1/2 inch spacer for the reeds I tried pull starting it and it would only run while being pulled and wouldn't rev or anything

I have spark new coil and cleaned the carb it got brand new vforce reeds and a small maby 1/2 inch spacer for the reeds I tried pull starting it and it would only run while being pulled and wouldn't rev or anything

with V-Force reeds, the spacer must be between the reed cage and engine, putting a spacer behind V-F reeds allows the center block holding the petals to move back and out, which acts like having a broken or no reeds at all, and it'll never start.

other than that, do you have spark & fuel ?
fresh spark plug ? try another plug

check the compression....it should be around 120 psi....100 psi needs rebuilt.
spark/fuel/compression/spark at the right time==KABOOM:D

so I pulled my jug and everything apart and there was what seemed to be motor oil all over the cylinder and even when it was reaking of gas it wouldn't light I check my gas and it was plenty flammable 91 octane and I noticed when I tried pulling it and forcing it to run which it only did while being dragged but I had oil coming up out my clutch rod.

It actually could be motor oil. You should have leak tested before pulling the top end. A bad trans side crank seal will suck in oil from the transmission. What is the oil level at now in the trans?

Regardless of anything, you are going to need to build or buy a leak tester..

my case is busted and sealent is a little old on the clutch side by the kick start were there famous for braking at could that be whats causing the issue

my case is busted and sealent is a little old on the clutch side by the kick start were there famous for braking at could that be whats causing the issue
More info needed.
Case is "busted" where? Was it repaired? How?
"Age" of sealant means little, or are you talking seal on kick start? No matter, nothing on that side except crank seal has anything to do with issue.

its on the clutch cover were the kick start kicked back and smacked the cover it was repair with red silicone and my crank seal might be out been bout 5 years of hard riding and I know I got a crank bearing going back and my drain plug leeks im thinking about taking my crank and rod and putting them in a new motor I got one that's brand new just need my crank to replace the stock one in it

i like that ideal thank u whats the best way to remove the clutch basket without breaking it had trouble with the center nut on the core part of the basket in the past and I broke one had to by a new one

Get a tool or fabricate one.

image.jpg