99 blaster wont start

blaster37

Dec 20, 2014
Hi I have a 99 blaster that wont start. It has spark and is getting fuel. Please help. Thanks.

you need fuel, airflow into (regulated by the reeds) and out of the engine, and spark at the correct time.

check reeds for cracks/broken petals

pull flywheel cover to check for woodruff key slots alinged between flywheel and crank end, and the key is still present

check for clogged intake from filter to carb or clogged pipe (mouse nests are common)
pull intake boot off carb and pipe from cylinder (1 at a time) to see if it will start quickly, do not run it long like that, it's just for diagnostic purposes.

does your carb overflow fuel when sitting ?
if so it may flood the bottom end of the engine preventing fuel/air flow thru and up into the cylinder

report your findings

you need fuel, airflow into (regulated by the reeds) and out of the engine, and spark at the correct time.

check reeds for cracks/broken petals

pull flywheel cover to check for woodruff key slots alinged between flywheel and crank end, and the key is still present

check for clogged intake from filter to carb or clogged pipe (mouse nests are common)
pull intake boot off carb and pipe from cylinder (1 at a time) to see if it will start quickly, do not run it long like that, it's just for diagnostic purposes.

does your carb overflow fuel when sitting ?
if so it may flood the bottom end of the engine preventing fuel/air flow thru and up into the cylinder

report your findings
When I kick it over gas shoots out the outlet of the carb along with smoke. Would that be clogged jets?

sounds like a broken reed petal or broken woodruff key on the flywheel
thats the only 2 reasons I know of for compression/combustion to flow backwards out the carb

sounds like a broken reed petal or broken woodruff key on the flywheel
thats the only 2 reasons I know of for compression/combustion to flow backwards out the carb
Ok ill replace the reeds. Thanks for the help i appreciate it.