97 Yamaha blast carb help

beee_24

Sep 7, 2014
Does anybody no where I can find another carb. The carb that was on it needs cleaning an need to machine another cap an machine the carb that the cap screws down on. When I got 4 wheeler it crank just wouldn't run right an took carb off and the cap was JB weld to carb

Ok a breath!! Lets try this again. why does the carb need machining? Because the cap was JB welded?

O sorry forgot to explain why. The cap that screw the spring needle looking thingy down is stripped out on the carb the cap threads look a lil ruff also so the guy that gave me the bike JB weld it on an he didn't tell me that or nothing about the bike. He was n a hurry an had to move an he didn't want to fool with it or had the time so he gave it to me

Ok took carb an the thing on top I think I saw on here it's the tors. I took tors off carb an cleaned the carb an drilled 4 holes an tap out an put set screws n it got all that good an I could remember how the tor went back on carb an put it on wrong Bc gas tank wouldn't go back on. So played around with it an noticed the tor goes on other. Does anyone have pics on how to install tor on carb 97 blaster mikuni carb thanks

I am a little confused. You drilled 4 holes where? The tors unit just screws on the top of the carb. There is a tab on the tors end that sits on the flat spot on the carb.

Attachments

• blast carb.jpg
    blast carb.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 563
I drilled 4 holes n the cap that screws the needle n to the carb. But threads r stripped out on carb an cap. So I drilled the 4 holes an tapped them an put set screws n it. I got all back to gether I put the thingy that has throttle cable from gas that u push with thumb. An hooked up other that goes to needle an the electric plug. When I tried putting gas tank on it was hiring the top of it. So all I can figure I put it wrong carb. I will take some pics later maybe it will help

I am a little confused. You drilled 4 holes where? The tors unit just screws on the top of the carb. There is a tab on the tors end that sits on the flat spot on the carb.

I just looked at it pic. Yea I put mine on the other way. This 4 wheeler has been a pain n the butt. I new to this an tryin to learn as I go an get it goin an see if everything else is good before I start dumping money n it