97 200 blaster wont stay running

blasterman_17

Nov 3, 2012
i have a 1997 200 blaster was riding it and it acted like it was runing out of gas and quit wont start by kick but if u pull it be hind a car it will start and run as long as u keep moving but u stop it dies some 1 please help

What have you looked at or tried ?

Wht are you all running ? oil injection ? what kind of mods ? stock pipe ?

last time the crank seals were replaced ? last time you cleaned the carb ? replaced the spark plug ?

There could be many reasons to your issue.

low compression, air leak, dirty carb, partially fouled plug, oil gas. dirty air filter. clogged fuel filter, reeds bad.

Sporty

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
about how much will it cost to do hole engine rebuild top end and bottom ? and also my crank case is leaking around the shifter how can i fix that?

Check ebay for a top end rebuild kit. But measure your cylinder to see how big it is, check for scarring, and get a crank seal kit for your leaking shifter. I bought one for $15 shipped and tomorrow im gonna replace all my bottom end seals

my case is broke arund the shifter and thnx for the info i found a wsm top end kit for about 80 i pulled my top end a part today and my piston was shot and my rings was broke i think my jug is fine somebody said marine tex whould fix the crank case where it was broke my bottom end is still fine all bearings sound good