95 Sportsman 400

JonS

Mar 27, 2010
this is what i have been working on for the last couple of weeks. some of you have seen me bitching about it in chat lol.

DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0129.jpg

so far i have put a new starter in, cleaned a severly gummed up carb and put it back together. this thing has been beat to hell and back, but i am slowly trying to make something out of it for my stepdad. still not finished with it. needs a pull start assembly, brake work, and to figure out why the lights don't work. also, gear case has an oil leak above the sprocket. has that auto chain oiler lmao

Looks like there is no room to work on anything! Yikes! Hope you have miget hands!

everything on it has to come apart for even the most simple task. it's a real biotch lemme tell ya. X(

the worst put together quad award goes to...

everything on it has to come apart for even the most simple task. it's a real biotch lemme tell ya. X(

the worst put together quad award goes to...

I have had a few folks argue with me on here that polaris are easy to work on. I beg to differ as well. Small tasks take forever just because you need to pull plastic for every little job. I just dont get where people think there easy myself and i rebuilt a few of the motors on them in the past. It really makes you appreciate the simplicity of blaster and banshee's.

I have had a few folks argue with me on here that polaris are easy to work on. I beg to differ as well. Small tasks take forever just because you need to pull plastic for every little job. I just dont get where people think there easy myself and i rebuilt a few of the motors on them in the past. It really makes you appreciate the simplicity of blaster and banshee's.

easy maintenance and polaris do not belong in the same sentence. nothing but a PITA, but if you get 'em right i think they're good quads. this one was good when it was brand new lol.

that looks identical to the 96 i just bought and i agree theyre tough to work on polaris dosent weld any nuts to the frame so you need 2 wrenches to take anything apart i will say i havent been able to get mine stuck yet but that will change once everything thaws out and i can get into some mud im sure! but they will take a bit of a beating without any problems