95 Blaster Project

FLY

Aug 5, 2015
Orlando, FL.
traphousestudios.tk
I just recently bought my 2nd quad ever (I'm more into dirt bikes than ATVs). I purchased it for $250 from a yard sale site on Facebook. The lady who I purchased it from didn't know much about it except that it needed a piston and she didn't want to have it fixed because it was supposedly too fast for her kids & didn't need the hospital bills lol.

Anyways, I purchased it not knowing a thing about ATVs because I really wanted a "project".
Ive never done anything like this before. My dirt bikes were all bought brand new and all the maintenance I do myself. So I have very little experience when it comes to a full rebuild.

I found this forum on Google when I was researching things. I'm use to the whole forum thing and also a member of planet minis. Ive found a lot of useful information on this forum & decided why not sign up and join the blaster family.

I need to take some more pics because Ive gotten a lot more done then whats seen in the photos.​
Ive ordered most of the parts I need, but I'm still waiting for them all to be shipped to me.

I plan on keeping this thread updated until the "project" is complete. If you have any tips, tricks, or techniques that would help me out during the way, feel free to share them with me. Like I said before, I'm a beginner at this and any little advice would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

11846090_877885085614813_729489939_n.jpg

11846012_877885088948146_1990784143_n.jpg

11830869_877885082281480_1934330160_n.jpg

11830857_877885145614807_1847113751_n.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, if you need to know anything, just post up a thread in the appropriate section and answers will soon be forthcoming.

Reactions: FLY
Looking good. But I don't think painting the rods on the shocks was a good idea. Hopefully it will chip away without blowing the seals

Looking good. But I don't think painting the rods on the shocks was a good idea. Hopefully it will chip away without blowing the seals
Thanks! But the rods are taped you just can't tell from the photos. I plan on doing 2 coats primer 2 coats paint & 2 coats clear coat. My buddy did his the same way and they held up for a long time. We ride mostly tracks or trails so it won't really be much of a problem. Plus, they are easy to touch up if they do finally chip, with just a few more coats of paint... It's also more about the prep than the paint.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if 95 yamaha blasters came with a title from the factory?
I heard they didn't make titles for ATVs until a certain year, but Im not sure if that is true,
or what year that is if it is true...?

Depends on the state but my old 88 had a title.