87 banshee

cdiggity

Aug 26, 2010
peru indiana
i got offered a trade for my 2000 blaster. it is a 87 banshee here is a pic let me know what you think. he said everyonce in a while it has a hard time shifting.

this
3942-a.jpg

for this

if its close go look at it. ride it. take a compression tester and test it. if all seems good go for it but still look over it very carefully. don't ignore anything

some more info would be nice
but from the picture that banshee has
nice rims with some good tires
missing the rad and gas tank cover
has front cut plastic
FMF fatties with FMF silencers
green paint or PC work on some parts
front bumper
looks like it need a seat as while.
if you get it, i have some black rad and gas tank covers and a nice black seat i would sell to you for cheap.

thats what i thought but he says the reason he wants to trade is his son bought this banshee for his first quad and he dosent want him to have a banshee for his first quad. which i dont blame him.

thats what i thought but he says the reason he wants to trade is his son bought this banshee for his first quad and he dosent want him to have a banshee for his first quad. which i dont blame him.

well that helps a little and makes sense. like other said can you go ride it?

the hard shifting can be normal, or it can be a bent shifter fork or shaft. but banshees dont shift that easy.

we are meeting friday so i can ride it and he can check out the blaster. but he didint hesatate when i said i want to ride it first.

some more info would be nice
but from the picture that banshee has
nice rims with some good tires
missing the rad and gas tank cover
has front cut plastic
FMF fatties with FMF silencers
green paint or PC work on some parts
front bumper
looks like it need a seat as while.
if you get it, i have some black rad and gas tank covers and a nice black seat i would sell to you for cheap.

how much you thinkin on all that stuff if i end up getting it + shipping of course

the shifting problem could be nothing, but if it is something, it wont be hard to fix. and i would sell you the covers and seat for cheap, not sure where peru, indy is, but if it is close to cincy, we could meet up

it is a j-arm, only thing about it is hard to find wider j-arms, other than that, you can find shocks because they are the same as a-arm and same with the axle.

I dont mean to be disrespectful here, but the banshee is more clean, has more power, and has a lot of mods on it. Trading it for your blaster with few mods and less clean seems a little fishy to me. Im not trying to sound like a dick at all just pointing it out if you know what I mean

I dont mean to be disrespectful here, but the banshee is more clean, has more power, and has a lot of mods on it. Trading it for your blaster with few mods and less clean seems a little fishy to me. Im not trying to sound like a dick at all just pointing it out if you know what I mean

I feel the same way but I do understand the boys father not wanting to have that much bike for a starter ride. If you don't mind getting ride of your Blaster and the Banshee is ok,I would go for it. If you don't like it,you could try to flip it for a nice mod'ed blaster or maybe a 250R.

thanks everyone for the input on the banshee. i relly appreciate it. i am going to meet up with the guy on friday and check it out. and see what its all about. so i will let everyone know what the verdict is.

the shifting problem could be nothing, but if it is something, it wont be hard to fix. and i would sell you the covers and seat for cheap, not sure where peru, indy is, but if it is close to cincy, we could meet up

i think im about 2-3 hours from cincinatti if i get it i would love to get those from ya. thanks bro.