86 lt250r HELP

Jradd127

Oct 6, 2013
NJ
Just got an offer to trade my blaster for a LT250r. I basically jumped to the offer because my engine is blown up and I don't have much time to get it back together (but I have the parts) and the 250 needs a full exhaust and wiring harness. I feel like I'm stealing this thing (1986 btw, mines a 1999). Should I follow through? Want to hear some advice before I jump, I'm mainly nervous that its an old quad with a pain-in-the-butt engine

there is a lot of things you need to inspect on the lt250r's you really need to ask a lot of questions about it to make sure its a reliable quad. The blaster is just as good with some mods but with less problems lol. It just depends on which quad u like riding best,decision is all up to you.

I ended up jumping on the offer, the quad needs restoring (my Blaster needed an engine rebuild but I had the parts)....not gonna be able to get it 100% cheaply but wanna get it running strong and sell it for more than what my Blaster would have gone for...in the end ill profit about $500

Wiring harness is nearly impossible to find for this model, I found someone with the parts I need for 250 however I don't have my license or a reasonable schedule. Some stuff happened in the fam and I am on my own for most things it's looking like. Decided to part out the quad, I can post pics as they come in if someone wouldn't mind tagging the upload link/info

So far the motor is on eBay for $575 with 15 viewers in less than 24 hours (that's good, right?) but it is on local pick up because I dont wanna deal with shipping atm.

Axle, carrier, & swingarm are going for 280 next wednesday

Frame is cleanest I have ever seen, minimal rust..only problem is there is a small dent but I examined everything and it is straight, no damage from the dent....all original blue is on there which is BEAUTIFUL i think I can get 400 easy for it

Axle money is going into putting together a short-term pitbike, rest of money will go to either a powdercoater or I will sit on it for the next flip

**If anyone needs parts for this thing I have almost everything and I will work deals, let me know! Looking to pick up some more stuff, saw a Blaster parts bike really cheap on CL