660 axle and front shocks on blaster?

Feb 28, 2010
Kailua-Kona, HI
hey, put up a thread in the suspension thread but I think more guys look here.

I have my stock axle and shock and I know a guy with a blaster who may want them. but I want to make sure either will work. I read the raptor shocks do, but is there anything involved besides bolting them on? and will the axle work? would it need a raptor carrier or brake or sprocket hubs or anything?

also what would be a good price on the shocks or axle? thanks guys, looking to get more stuff for the LTR or raptor so any extra cash would be great to have. plus it would be cool to pay rent or possibly the cars that're all late lmfao

Tom

i think that the axles locknut is on the opposite side, just like all other big sport quads, so it prolly won't work, but the fronts have been done, i'll see if i can find the thread

from what i'v heard, the 660 shocks are longer than 450 shocks an =d need ot be modded to fit, and the axle is different than a blaster axle, so it won't fit

thanks man. after looking at the adjustability of them it says for the blaster it is adjustable from 4 5/8" longer to 6 5/8" longer and for the raptor it is adjustable from 4 9/16" longer to 6 9/16" longer. math is my strong subject and that tells me that a stock raptor axle is only gonna be 1/16" longer than a stock blaster axle. so what would even be the point of going through the trouble of switching them out?

didn't have any idea, I figured it would be wider. I also read the raptor 660 shocks can be used, so I was just using the info I read and asking if it would work :)

I just don't need it and could use the extra cash for anything, kill switch and skids for example :D

i had a raptor axle before it fit ok but there was a bit of a gap between the locknut and hub that i threw a spacer in for and it just wasnt wide enough.

didn't have any idea, I figured it would be wider. I also read the raptor 660 shocks can be used, so I was just using the info I read and asking if it would work :)

I just don't need it and could use the extra cash for anything, kill switch and skids for example :D

sorry man if my post came across like i was being an a hole. i was just thinking through the keyboard lol. i'm kinda in the same boat as you right now where i'm trying to sell stuff i dont need to make money for the parts i want so i dont have to spend all my money, so if someone is willing to buy it then you might as well let it go and get yourself some cool stuff that you can really use

yeah, I found a super clean 08 KFX 450 that's having issues of the infamous start up idle die scenario for $2gs so I'm actually considering selling my ltr 450 to get it.. he doesn't have as much mods as me but it's SUPER clean, I'd have to replace damm near every part of my bike to get it that clean... my block and jug included :( plus I like the idea of having reverse lol I use the reverse on my raptor all the time.. the 450 I just park it right and make it a point not to get stuck LOL. but overall I think I'd enjoy it about as much as my LTR.. so figure why not. I don't do serious MX stuff anyway and not sure I ever will.. it has nerfs and a-arm skids and a few other things black bumper/grab it's black/white like my 450 too, looks about as it would on a showroom floor brand spankin...