50:1 ratio opinions?

I have run 50:1 on the blaster motor before.

at that ratio my wisco has lasted over a year and a half with no problems. good oil supreme gas.

i aswell recommend running it at something more like 32:1. just makes you feel better about it.

I maybe an oddball but I run 25:1, for maxium protection and power, and to me seems to be the ultimate ratio.

A change from 32:1 to 50:1 will require a main jet change as it will change the air fuel ratio and cause the motor to run rich.

Some oils can be run at 50:1 because they have superior lubricating qualities, but 32:1 is what most folks run and is what jetting info is based on.

If the maker of the oil recommends that it is ok to run an air cooled motor cycle of 200cc at 50:1 then go for it, but plug chop to confirm the jetting.

i run amsoil dominator in all my 2 strokes at 50:1 and never had a problem.

At 50:1 you well could be loosing performance, a well known fact, more oil means more compression which equals more power.

If you change your oil/fuel ratio, you must re-jet to compensate for the introduced change in air/fuel ratio and plug chop to confirm.

I maybe an oddball but I run 25:1, for maxium protection and power, and to me seems to be the ultimate ratio.

A change from 32:1 to 50:1 will require a main jet change as it will change the air fuel ratio and cause the motor to run rich.

Some oils can be run at 50:1 because they have superior lubricating qualities, but 32:1 is what most folks run and is what jetting info is based on.

If the maker of the oil recommends that it is ok to run an air cooled motor cycle of 200cc at 50:1 then go for it, but plug chop to confirm the jetting.

how many jet sizes did you have to go up to run 25/1 im thinking about runing that

I ran at 30:1 - 32:1. My uncle raced for his whole life recomended it so thats what I did

how many jet sizes did you have to go up to run 25/1 im thinking about runing that

From injection to 25:1 go up 2 sizes on the main.

From 32:1 to 25:1 go up 1 size main.

You can marginally adjust the oil ratio to suit conditions, caused by temperature and elevation, it saves swapping the main jet all the time.

It pays to plug chop to confirm.