400ex with skis

400ex.jpg

I always wanted to try that with some 4snows or light paddles on the back.
they say the 4snows work better as they float on top oif the snow and don't dig down
like paddles do ?

Nice been wanting to put skis on for awhile and i too was going to try paddle rears, now i think i may do that (next winter as this winter has me tied up :( ) grab some vids of iy lt rippin! Maybe bracket pics for ideas too

Reactions: undergroundart
Nice been wanting to put skis on for awhile and i too was going to try paddle rears, now i think i may do that (next winter as this winter has me tied up :( ) grab some vids of iy lt rippin! Maybe bracket pics for ideas too
im going to get skis and spindles from a newer sled that runs ball joints. I will drill them to fit my a arms and tie rods. to me, that will be the easiest way. it also will have the built in tilt limit so you can jump without the skis dropping down. just requires swapping spindles and pulling the brakes off.

Reactions: undergroundart
Hat i didnt like about the kits is it required locking front brakes, as i remember. But... If u took spindles, n weldedbrackets to bare spindles, n attatched skies, the only PIA after that would be swapping back n forth threw seasons correct? Would u need to lean to help turning to prevent skis digging into ground?

im not much of a jumper, but it would be an issue like this since there s nothing keeping the skis from turning in the air. I think I can just hold the front brake while in the air, or if that doesn't work ill just zip tie the front brake closed. gonna be -35 tomorrow. school is called off. im sure my kids are gonna be buggin me to ride it ha.

ahh very well, best of luck to ya. haha.

**edit. also, you thought about a track conversion maybe?

I had some older paddles and I remember reading that when you have tire spin the tire ballooned more so you wouldn't be shifting as much in the snow. Basically the faster the tire went centrifugal force would make the tire bigger. It was about 4 snows maybe I cant remember where I read it. Also you can use a bungee cord to keep the skis from dipping down.