400ex problem

dirtyr81

Feb 20, 2012
Davenport, Ia
I was just wondering if anyone on here can help me., my buddy has a 2002 400ex with a 440 big bore, stage 2 hot cams, full yoshimura system, and a k&n filter. He basically ran it petty much out of oil for about 15 minutes bogging and running like crap and getting really hot. Couple days later I put oil in it and it fired up and eventually ran well. It will start and have good throttle response. What are the chances it's OK? Kinda worried to ride it. Thanks

chances are the damage is done, especially to the cam/valve train,
it may run forever, but prolly never like it did before

How do you run a quad out of oil? Did it leak out? never filled it up? burning oil? Sounds like something my son would do! X(

You would think with all the mods he would have checked the oil. I don't know what he was thinking. I usually check everything before every ride even with a stock bike. Would it hurt to run it around the block? I just want to test it out, my buddy never makes it over here often. But I don't want it to blow up on me. Thanks for the help. Not only does this site help me with my blaster, but other bikes as well. Thanks again