4 mm stroker kit

njf5020

Dec 8, 2009
i have a 2001 blaster with a 20 over bore kit k and n filter along with the fmf fatty and fmf pipe it is jetted i dotn know what kind of jets yet and it has reds i thing boysing or how ever you spell it i want to put a 4mm stroker kit on it but i dont know what all i will have to do to do this any help would be nice i dont have a lot of money for a new carb but was wondering what to jet it at to still us the stock carb as well as what oil ratio i should be running when the stroker kit is on and will i feel the difference with this add on or should i just put a 40 over on it thanks

Ouch, my eyes hurt now...Sentence structure and punctuation is your friend.
A 3mm stroker crank will basically drop right in, a 4mm requires the cases to be machined (trenched) to work.

A .040 over piston does nothing for perfomance.... overbore pistons are just for when you seize you top end and you need a re bore/hone, you must be thinking of a 240 big bore kit. I say stroker first get the ports matched and a nice port job, carb, pipe and advance the timing. Then later on when you have the cash buy a big bore kit.

basically to put in a 4mil crank you have to tare down your whole engine, send the cases to a machine shop and have them cut to fit a 4mil. its alot of work unless your building a full out drag bike, IMO i would do a 3mil, have it all port matched and good port done and it will fly.

it really isnt for the feignt of heart and you need to trench your crankcase and match the ports in order for it to fit/get the most performance out of it...im guessing you didnt try the search button? theres dozens of this exact thread lol

so a 3mm will fit right into the case i dont have to get work do on that but i still need to port what does that exactly mean im taking it to a regular machine shop incase they ask i dont know anything about that kind of stuff im trying to build it more for hill climbing not a fast drag bike but it would be nice to go faster

get the 3mm crank and then send the cylinders to one of the site sponsors for a port job ....but you will need bigger carbs and pipes

why do i need a bigger pipe i was told the pipe i had is the best you can get for the blaster and im really low on money im getting the stroker kit for xmas and the machine one for xmas i dont have the money for a new carb but how about setting up a different jets

ohh...i thought you had a stock pipe ...your going to tell which ever porter you go with what pipe you have and what set up you have

oh ok but would you recomend getting bigger jets and new reeds i have boysing reeds or how ever you spell it and a k and n the fmf fatty with i think the 2 core fmf pipe im trying to make it have some more power more low end is fine im just pretty much climbing hills i just no nothing about 2 strokes its the first one i owned