4" extended swinger

I realize it's the inside diameter of the tubing. I don't have my swinger cut apart yet so I can't measure the inside and I want to have everything ready when I do this mod. I assure you that if I bought one, that it would be no better than the one I could build. I do welding and fabrication for a living and I'm quite good at what I do.

I realize it's the inside diameter of the tubing. I don't have my swinger cut apart yet so I can't measure the inside and I want to have everything ready when I do this mod. I assure you that if I bought one, that it would be no better than the one I could build. I do welding and fabrication for a living and I'm quite good at what I do.

Then I need not remind you that a 4" mod will make the swinger prone to flexing and fatigue, and the welds must be of full penetration with no undercut.

I also need not to remind you that you should build a jig and use back step welding techniques to prevent distortion.

I actually plan on plug welding the pieces in and leaving a small gap between both swing arms so that I get 100% weld. I do a little jumping whenever we go out and I will make sure it's super strong. Will probably also grind it smooth and then weld in some splice plates where each joint is. I really believe when I get done that it will be stronger than it was from the factory. I appreciate your concern though blaster and I know you are just looking out for people. I have learned a lot from you on this forum and look forward to more.

I actually plan on plug welding the pieces in and leaving a small gap between both swing arms so that I get 100% weld. I do a little jumping whenever we go out and I will make sure it's super strong. Will probably also grind it smooth and then weld in some splice plates where each joint is. I really believe when I get done that it will be stronger than it was from the factory. I appreciate your concern though blaster and I know you are just looking out for people. I have learned a lot from you on this forum and look forward to more.

Leaving a gap is the prescribed method to get full penetration!

Sometimes a small V preparation can assist as you can avoid so much heat which will help avoid thermal disturbance problems.

So many just butt it up tight and lay a bead of weld on, not realising that one only gets less than half a weld on the outside.

I thank you for your confidence, I may be a little abrupt at times but I usually mean well.

If it were me 8-|, I would get these : Swingarm Components (bottom of page) or salvage the tubes and plates from old arm, put my fab skillz to use and make my own. I:I

The problem is the cross members crack stock, and you are making the "lever" even longer. Awk just had this problem as did Blaner. A search will turn up more. Search DIY swingarm, lots of good examples of made arms. Blaner and 79Bronco come to mind, as well as two "builders" examples in pics.