3mm Stroke or Vito 240 Kit

hes talking big bore not stroker go read his thread in engine section and if using a vitos stroker crrank u shoudl have it trued up and indexed before using it

yes its about my vitos junk 240........and i had ken true up my brand new +3 crank....it was 0.10 out on one side and 0.20 on the other...so there kinda shoddy right outta the box

I am pretty confident with the shop Im having the work done. They mainly do drag fourwheelers and both the techs/owners sand drag on the weekend. They have some pretty cool wheelers they have built up including a turbo 700 raptor. The guy that is doing the work has a blaster that he has fitted a cr500 motor into. He also has built of some other blasters using the stock motor. But I do agree not taking to some hole in the wall shop to save a couple of bucks. The cheap prices come from the fact I have taken many of my dirt bikes down to them when I dont have the time to work on them.

I think I might lean towards putting in the different sleeve to make it a 240 then doing the stroker also. My question is, if the vito crank isnt worth anything, how about the hotcranks one. Is that any better?

Also the carb you guys use. The 35mm flatslide, is that off of a honda 250r by any chance?

Young Gun, seriously, have you looked at that link for the LA Sleeve kit? It's not just a sleeve, that's the company name, it a complete performance cylinder that has been designed from the ground up. Utterly superior to the Vitos or a kit to resleeve a stock cylinder. Some would say they like the Airsal cylinder better, but you cant beat the LA SLEEVE price. Having dropped at least that much into my motor this year, I wish I had known about it sooner.

To tell you the truth, no I have not. I thought it was just a larger sleeve that you would press into the old cylinder. I did not know it was a different setup. Ill take a look at it.

Wow just went and looked that link. I am impress. I would of been pissed if I went the vito route and then saw that. I think that will be the way to go. Gives you the good porting, the big bore, and a reed cage. HMMMM now to decide if I want to go with the la sleeve kit and still do the stroker...... I thought when you guys were talking about la sleeve it was just the 200 and something dollar kit you could get off of ebay and just have it pressed into the stock cylinder. But with this kits updated ports, it might be worth getting..

Essentially the same cylinder as the CT Sonic (supposedly LA SLeeve developed it with CT Racing) they just sell it for a lot less. Here is the CT link, it gives a different view. BLASTER Check out the size of that intake port with the 250R reed cage. Like 35 HP out of the box.

edit:CR250 reed cage.

yes its about my vitos junk 240........and i had ken true up my brand new +3 crank....it was 0.10 out on one side and 0.20 on the other...so there kinda shoddy right outta the box

I am not sure what unit you are talking about inches or mm... .200 inches on one side and .100 inches on the other.... I must think it is .1mm to .2mm
That would be ,004 inches to .008" out of true..... I have checked many Vito cranks and never seen that before..... Vito himself has rebuilt 1000's of cranks and knows how to true a crank.... At .008 inches that would vibrate it self to part....

/\/\/\/\ dude, do you really think anyone is gonna take you serious or believe anything you say anymore ?????
dualstroke and i personally just watched ken oconnor true a brand new crank last weekend for dually's drag project
you speak out your ass, as usual !!!!!!!
do i really have to remind everyone of your false jetting info and purposely burning clutches incidents everytime you come on here, go crawl back under your rock!!!

Calm down Awk, BF is supposed to be a friendly place.

Vito's +3 crank is probably the most economical way to add displacement. It does need to be accounted for if you want to extract the maximum benefit out of it. I happen to be running a stock top end (for now) sitting on a vito's +3 and it runs like a scalded dog but not as well as if the top end were ported to match the +3 stroker.

I am not sure what unit you are talking about inches or mm... .200 inches on one side and .100 inches on the other.... I must think it is .1mm to .2mm
That would be ,004 inches to .008" out of true..... I have checked many Vito cranks and never seen that before..... Vito himself has rebuilt 1000's of cranks and knows how to true a crank.... At .008 inches that would vibrate it self to part....

say what you want, most of us know you are full of sh*t and so self absorbed its pathetic. i know that when i get a new vitos or even hotrods crank im getting it checked. and stop the name dropping, noone is impressed 8-| just cause you know somebody dosent mean they like you ;)

/\/\/\/\ dude, do you really think anyone is gonna take you serious or believe anything you say anymore ?????
dualstroke and i personally just watched ken oconnor true a brand new crank last weekend for dually's drag project
you speak out your ass, as usual !!!!!!!
do i really have to remind everyone of your false jetting info and purposely burning clutches incidents everytime you come on here, go crawl back under your rock!!!

Like the advice I got from him to run a 36mm carb on my stock motor.

Well, all thread-jacking aside, YoungGun, I hope your build goes well and I hope you get the LA Seeve cylinder and head. Hell, with that you wouldn't need porting or head milling. You actually come out cheaper than the Vito's and you can always add a stroker later.

How about another thread Jack? What kind of price are we looking at for a +3 and port job from one of the pros? I'm talking full cost: crank, installation, head work, port, shipping, gaskets, etc. Anybody have a ballpark price? Also is it suggested to get a hone or bore/ new rings, etc when going to a +3?

How about another thread Jack? What kind of price are we looking at for a +3 and port job from one of the pros? I'm talking full cost: crank, installation, head work, port, shipping, gaskets, etc. Anybody have a ballpark price? Also is it suggested to get a hone or bore/ new rings, etc when going to a +3?

i can get a plus 3 crank for 137 shipped i know the port work is 150.00 not sure about the rest and its all apart so why not hone and rering it

Well I decided to get the LA sleeve kit. I was going to call and order it friday but I guess they were already close as no one picked up. Anyone know what state they are out of? Or what their hours are. Also with this kit, what carb and size to you guys recommend and also what place it a good place to order one from.