39mm carb, too big?

Measure the INSIDE of the intake side, not the outside.

So its not edge to edge. Its inner edge to inner edge.

Ill bet you, if it has TORS on it, its a 26mm. Unless someone put a banshee carb on there which I think are 28s.

Measure the INSIDE of the intake side, not the outside.

So its not edge to edge. Its inner edge to inner edge.

Ill bet you, if it has TORS on it, its a 26mm. Unless someone put a banshee carb on there which I think are 28s.

It really is a 28, pleez check out my album ok?

Thanks!

Damn, if it's got a TORS box, it must be stock on something. Maybe that's just what they did on units shipped to Sweden?

Having the TORS unplugged isn't a bad thing as long as the rest is unplugged too.

i used a tors eliminator cap for a stock carb on that 36mm mikuni i had, so putting the tors on a 28 wouldn't be that far out of line

I posted before you did man. I saw the pic.

thats odd, it is a 28.

I looked, and banshees have 26s stock too.

I wonder if yours has been bored out?

Its odd too, your choke doesnt look like a stock one to me. May be wrong tho.

I posted before you did man. I saw the pic.

thats odd, it is a 28.

I looked, and banshees have 26s stock too.

I wonder if yours has been bored out?

Its odd too, your choke doesnt look like a stock one to me. May be wrong tho.

It doesn´t appear to have been bored, everything looks as it´s supposed to...
I have to check out some pics of stock-carbs for the Blaster, and really have a good look at the details!

yfs200carb.jpg

Theres one.

Yours DOES look like that.

Yours totally appears to be a 28mm version of the stocker. It wouldnt surprise me to see if it was bored out 2mm on the inside of the stock inlet.

about time someone said that. def a stock carb probably been bored out by a pro so that is whyit looks stock. you don't have any way of reaching the previouse owner to find out what has been done to it? I would't remove that base spacer. there is a reason that is there. he probably has put a stroker in it with that port job. the intake side has been opened up alot. the exhaust has probably been altered too it just has carbon build up. what kind of pipe did it have on it? if it had the stock pipe on it the last guy probably sold, or kept it. that is probably why it runs like butt. you shouldn't be running that stock jet with that porting work. sounds like this guy modded the balsty and sold off the goody's or kept them for his next blaster.

about time someone said that. def a stock carb probably been bored out by a pro so that is whyit looks stock. you don't have any way of reaching the previouse owner to find out what has been done to it? I would't remove that base spacer. there is a reason that is there. he probably has put a stroker in it with that port job. the intake side has been opened up alot. the exhaust has probably been altered too it just has carbon build up. what kind of pipe did it have on it? if it had the stock pipe on it the last guy probably sold, or kept it. that is probably why it runs like butt. you shouldn't be running that stock jet with that porting work. sounds like this guy modded the balsty and sold off the goody's or kept them for his next blaster.

I have no way of reaching the previous owner, my kidbrother traded his beta trialbike for the Blaster with some people not from around here, and I got it from my brother in my turn.

They´ve obviously been using it for some kind of freestyleridin, on the rearframe it´s been lenghtened with steelpipes for "wheeliestanding" (sh*t that sounds weird, I just mean where U put U´r foot during wheelies..) so I´m guessing they probably only wanted the low-end effect.

Rearaxle-bearings was shot to pieces, guess that´s due to wheelieing too...

The pipe is stock, but I´m gonna put a KX125 pipe on it instead, seems impossible it would give a worse flow than with the stock one.

As far as the gasket goes, I´m going to check what happens without it first - if it don´t bang in to the head and everything seems ok - I´ll probably fire it up to see if she runs good or not.
It´s not too much work to pick the cyl off again and remount the gasket, if it runs like a pile of sh*t that is - but that´s for the future to tell!
I have to try, if it has a strokercrank it will be pretty obvius it wont work.

About the jetting, what would U recommend as a good startingpoint? 260? Theres a 340, I think it was, in my 39mm - but maybe I´ll try that restrictor-ring that was discussed earlier and smack on the 39mm instead... Don´t know yet..

Getting my piston today though, so it´s time to see if theory matches practice...

Last edited:
Theres a reason that the blaster was not made to run off a 125 dirtbike pipe. They sell Blaster pipes for blasters. Your gonna realize it dont work once you blow it up. then your back to step one. i'd be throwing a much bigger main jet at it and maybe a 32mm carb for that porting you have. it runs like butt cause it is running lean.

Theres a reason that the blaster was not made to run off a 125 dirtbike pipe. They sell Blaster pipes for blasters. Your gonna realize it dont work once you blow it up. then your back to step one. i'd be throwing a much bigger main jet at it and maybe a 32mm carb for that porting you have. it runs like butt cause it is running lean.

Blow it up cuz of the pipe?? Yeah right.... At most it´ll run like sh*t, but thats a chance I´m willing to take, since the stock pipe is killing the flow - and as I´ve said before, if it wont run properly I´ll just throw another engine in there!

But maybe I´ll try that restrictor-ring for the 39mm first though, cuz I´m NOT going to buy any more stuff to try n get this stoneage construction up to beat. If it works, fine - but if not... It´ll be way much cheaper for me to just buy a complete 250cc motocross, compared to buying a new carb...

I´m sorry if I sound agitated, haven´t really had a good day today....

Blow it up cuz of the pipe?? Yeah right.... At most it´ll run like sh*t, but thats a chance I´m willing to take, since the stock pipe is killing the flow - and as I´ve said before, if it wont run properly I´ll just throw another engine in there!

I agree, if the pipe doesn't work, it will be because the reverse pressure wave doesn't match the required tuning of the motor. And sometimes ya gotta break a couple eggs.....It will be interesting to see what happens.

"Rearaxle-bearings was shot to pieces, guess that´s due to wheelieing too..."
The rear bearings just go to sh*t after awhile. Normal stuff.

260-280 jet with no airbox lid. Keep the spacer. If it is because of motor work or a stroker crank, you run the risk of piston>:eek:<head.

I agree, if the pipe doesn't work, it will be because the reverse pressure wave doesn't match the required tuning of the motor. And sometimes ya gotta break a couple eggs.....It will be interesting to see what happens.

"Rearaxle-bearings was shot to pieces, guess that´s due to wheelieing too..."
The rear bearings just go to sh*t after awhile. Normal stuff.

260-280 jet with no airbox lid. Keep the spacer. If it is because of motor work or a stroker crank, you run the risk of piston>:eek:<head.

Break a couple of eggs, exactly!! hahaha =)
Skipped the spacer, seems to work fine! Started the break-in cycle but got bored after the fourth cycle (like 60% throttle) and put it back in the garage...
First reflection is that it has a h*ll of a lot more grunt now, guess it could relate to the skippin of the spacer, a.k.a more compression.

I´ll do the break in from scratch again tomorrow, we´ll see how it works after that... Probably I´ll take it apart later just to be absolutely sure the piston and the head haven´t been to intimate with each other ;)

But goddamn it was a hazzle puttin it back together today, freakin weird nothin seems to line up again after dismounting....grrrr....

The bed is calling my name now, guess I´ll listen to it and tucker in....

glad to see some new idea's out there, you have an intersting train of thought when it comes to toys, mod away man and let us know how it goes, but these guys are good at what they do and know what they speak of, did you do compression with and with out the extra spacer/gasket? just curious

glad to see some new idea's out there, you have an intersting train of thought when it comes to toys, mod away man and let us know how it goes, but these guys are good at what they do and know what they speak of, did you do compression with and with out the extra spacer/gasket? just curious

Didn´t do a comp-test, maybe I´ll do it before I pick it apart again, but it´s not sure I´m puttin the spacer back on so then I´ll have nothing to compare it to.
It feels the safest to pull it apart after breaking it in, just in case there´s been some head to piston contact. Couldn´t hear anything obvious last night when I started her up, but I haven´t tried it on WOT though.

Thought it was runnin a "bit" rich when I tried applying some throttle, left a cloud of smoke behind - took the sparkplug off n it was drippin wet... Pulled the carb apart, and behold: there the mainjet was, just layin around in the bottom of the carb, screwed it back in and the everything was fine...
No wonder I looked like an 80´s disco on wheels, just strobelights and coked-up dudes with ugly clothes missing :D

I´m gonna talk to some metalfabricators (friends of mine) about that restrictor-ring for the intake, and maybe give that 39mm a shot after all - but that´s for later, first I´ll just try it out with the kawa-pipe.

And yeah, these guys totally now what they´re talking about - I just hope no one feels affended by me tryin stuff out even if I´ve been told not to...

Curious is good! //SwedeMix

a "bit" rich ... there the mainjet was, just layin around in the bottom of the carb, //SwedeMix
LMFAO, that's one way to give it more gas!

Seriously tho, as long as you are prepared for the consequences, no one should be upset with you for not following "good advice". Hell, I learn a lot more from my mistakes. If we didn't try anything new we'd still be pushing our cars with our feet like Fred Flintstone!

Seriously tho, as long as you are prepared for the consequences, no one should be upset with you for not following "good advice".

I couldn´t agree more!! At least as long as life n health isn´t on the line.. ;)

Anyways, went out to re-begin the break in tonight. When I started to ride on like 50% throttle, and then let off - it didn´t rev down as it´s supposed to, and some really hard tapping noises appeared... So I pussied homewards, drove it in to the garage and picked everything apart again.

Nothing visible on either head or piston, but as a precaution I put that gasketspacer back in place. Went out again, and it feels like all that grunt I mentioned before was gone, what the h*ll have they done to this poor thing..? It was a bit better on the down-rev though, have no idea what that relates to. Or maybe it sucked air through the cyl-base (as I said before, my technical english ain´t all that good, hope U understand what I mean?) and I got it tighter the second time around.

I´ll keep on breakin it in tomorrow, maybe it´ll seal up better and the compression comes back - but I´m not at all sure if that´s all it takes... It does run better than before, and some of the crazy vibrations seems to´ve gone, but I´ll still try with that KX-pipe later and hopefully there´s a little more power to collect from that!

The saga continues, nighty-night... :)

Actually for "Ferenner" your english is just fine. You seem to write it better than half the people on here!

Depending on how thick that spacer is, it should make a huge difference in compression and port timing. You must have a large supply of gaskets though. If you are going to keep taking it apart (or even if you aren't) you should really get or make a leak-down tester.