35 pwk

I ran a 34mm PJ with a flotek ported stock bore and it was a lot of work to get tuned right. It did the job, but honestly I think I would have found more potential in a slightly smaller carb.

Glad I didn't get rid of it because now it's perfect for my ported 240.

I just put a Brand New Keihin 35mm PWK carb on my blaster when I did the top end this winter.My motor has a ported and polished top end,shaved head,67mm Weisco Pro lite piston,LRD Pipe/silencer,Boyesen Carbon Reeds, and a Clamp on K&N with a custom made velocity stack.I made the velocity stack out of black PVC and a black rubber plumbing coupling that came with 2 hose clamps attached all from Home Depot.I had to bend the PVC a little to allow the filter to clear the Frame.I only have 4 rides with The PWK carburetor but it has been very easy for me to tune and my motor loves it.I am currently running a 160 main jet with a 50 pilot.

what is better about using a smaller carb? like what would a bigger carb do to a small motor?

With a larger carb you can definitely flow more, but intake velocity takes a hit. You need enough intake velocity for fuel atomization and other good stuff. Even with an open intake and open exhaust, the motor can only suck so much in. At some point it's possible to go too big on the carb.

Like I said I was able to get my 34mm to work well on my stock bore, but I probably would have squeezed even more juice out of it with a slightly smaller carb. Then again I'm also very picky and won't stop until I'm happy with it from 0 to 100% throttle, oh well.