34mm on a stock blaster

yb200

Mar 28, 2008
South Dakota
will it work just trying to get borns bike running better it has toomey pipe and vforce reeds but no motor work

should work if its jetting right......right?

i had a 36mm on mine, which wasn't THAT bad, but it was still totally dead in the bottom end with my fmf pipe that i had on it. it SCREAMED through the mid.

the problem is with air velocity, the large carb slows down the airflow, and thusly vacuum pulling on the fuel through the jets, so you're going to have to run a huge pilot to keep it from running lean. that being said with a little tuning its worth a try if he's already got it

Brandoz28 makes an excellent point about velocity. Whether it ends up needing more pilot would be interesting to see, just make sure the stupid float level is dead nuts so you don't pull your hair out for a month like me!

i think i had a 35? pilot in my 36mm and i had to take the airscrew almost all the way in, the revs would still hang a little coming to idle

well right now it has nothing till WOT just falls flat dead and dies unless you hold it wide open, then she goes.....its either wide open or idle

this is why i am stumped because its the exact same setup i had on my bike when i had my stock carb and this f*cker runs like balls...we have dont everything needle mains pilots reeds cdi coil you name it we did it with no change in how it runs

I've heard of weird things happening with carbs that're faulty. also not to sound dumb but have you checked if the plug is fouled lean burnt or just bad? and how bout the plug cap good connection guaranteed? it DOES sound like a fuel issue tho but just trying to make sure it's not electrical :) maybe an ify stator that causes firing under full load (WOT) something to look at not trying to make it any harder lol. swap your entire plug assembly onto his bike maybe for a quick check. if you can find someone with a close to stock blasty u could swap a few big ticket items to do trial and error with just buying beer rather than more parts.. just some things to think about. sometimes trouble shooting gets tiring and I'd rather just swap out parts at which point lol

we put on the 34mm and it runs better just a little slugish in the bottom end

this will have to work till borns get some cash for a 30 oko