32:1 40:1 50:1 what would you do?

my93yfz

Jul 24, 2012
king county,washington
I've been told that the top end is fresh, I mixed 2gals. With one container of sthil premix chainsaw oil.. than dude at the shop said not to run the mix.. so I bought some yamalube and a ratio rite cup, what should I mix it at? There is no premix resivor so I'm assuming. It has a block off kit.. and was thinking of flipping the front wheels, I weigh in @ 240.. any suggestions?

Depends on what type of oil your running. Im not sure what yamalube sugests but I would run what it says to mix with on the container. I run AMSOIL at 50:1

No one runs klotz super techni-sh*t ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I run ONLY premium non-eth pump mixed 32:1 with Golden Spectro. This is the third or fourth year on the same piston/rings/cylinder. My Zilla and baby Zilla are ran the same. 32:1 Golden Spectro. Full non-synthetic so you won't burn it up as fast lol. The plug lasted until last month and that's the first time it was changed since my uncle put the motor together

Good move to ditch that chain saw oil, works just fine in a saw, but very poorly in an air cooled motorcycle.

I dare to be different, I use 25:1 as I need to get as much oomph out of my setup as possible. My oil choice is Castrol R30 bean oil.

I also ride in temps at over 100 degrees, so need ultimate protection.

Most people mix at 32:1 and advice on jetting on BF is usuall based on that ratio.

Bear in mind if you mess with oil ratios, then each time you change ratio you must re jet to suit the different air fuel ratio.

More oil = less gas = lean, calling for a bigger jet.