3000lb winch enough?

coreyownz

Apr 2, 2008
well by me scraps up to 200a ton and i found the truck of my dreams so im trying to save up. i found an old car frame with a tranny and motor in a stream by me. would this winch be heavy enough to pull it out? its a 3000lb winch

if all it is, is a frame engine and tranny it should be fine. does it have wheels on it? is is sunk in? Theres a few variables you need to look at. take a shovel with you just in case.

When they rate a winch, they rate them with all the line out and the winch pulling the line around the bare spool. If your only using a few feet of cable then your not going to be able to pull 3000 lbs. I don't think a 3000 lb winch will be enough but you can always try it

yea i figured it wouldnt be enough but yea im gonna bring a shovel and dig out around it a little and if it doesnt work theirs enough scrap on the sides of the railroad tracks to get a ton lol

Im not sure...but i would say the average car weighs around 4,000 lbs. So I believe just the frame motor and tranny should only weigh about 2,000 lbs or so. I would say a 3,000 lb winch should be fine. I do know that you should only pull for about a minute or so then let it set for a minute. Good luck and let us know what happens.