250r vs 400ex

Riding isn't any fun unless you're even/faster than everyone around you!

see that dosent make sense because if u were riding by a crf450r you would get demolished. but you still wouldent have fun? i dont understand. i know i had fun when i was riding in the woods with my friend, and he was riding a crf450r. he went probaly about 90 down the straight away then i completely lost him.

but if i was allowed to sell my 250ex and my blaster i could get a bad ass bike but i dont see why my dad cares that much about are 250???

o know, same here^^, i would love to sell my blaster, mini bike and all the spare parts and crap and my pocketbike roller, and save up for a 250r, but he would let me.:(

o know, same here^^, i would love to sell my blaster, mini bike and all the spare parts and crap and my pocketbike roller, and save up for a 250r, but he would let me.:(

i would get a brand new crf450r fuel injected if i sold all my bikes, but i will have a job soon and will start saving up some dough.

wow!!! a lot of crap in here....no offense guys.

400ex's are decent machines. i do think a properly setup 250r would spank it. dont forget (even tho everybody did) the frames are nearly identical. pretty much everything swaps. nobody mentioned that. who ever said that 400ex was stock?? they can be pretty quick....they are great wheelie machines too...

also a 250r trike, the liquid cooled ones...i do believe have the same engines as the quads. cylinder, and all. and the whole rear suspension and engines swap form trike frame to trx frame. the only way a 250r (honda that is) will have a PV is with an a/m cylinder.

an LT250r with a P/V 87-92 are quick, yes. but again a trx250r is a way better machine in nearly all aspects. better frame geomoetry, more engine upgrades, etc. a trx can be made to way over power an LT. theres only so much you can do to the pour suzuki.

also, dont sell teh 250r short on drag racing...theyre are some pretty wild R's out there that will give a banshee a run for his money.

banshees are great for a few things. oval racing, drag racing, and TRAILS!!

250r's and banshees are great trail quads...its all about the setup...setup is key for any type of riding. only thing is banshees and LT250r's have gorrible suspension geometry, and dont make for good mx quads. 250r's are good for oval racing also.

for teh guy who said "race for slips and pull teh 400 home with your R". you got that backwards my friend..unless you like burning up clutches...use the 400 which has a torque-y motor, and pull the R home. they are both well built hondas, so dont let it hurt your pride much that a 4 poker is pulling a 2 smoker. (thats the way it should be....why do you think utility quads are usually 4 strokes????) use your head.

thank you, im off the soap box...

Reactions: 2strokepower

400ex's are decent machines. i do think a properly setup 250r would spank it. dont forget (even tho everybody did) the frames are nearly identical. pretty much everything swaps. nobody mentioned that. who ever said that 400ex was stock?? they can be pretty quick....they are great wheelie machines too...

also a 250r trike, the liquid cooled ones...i do believe have the same engines as the quads. cylinder, and all. and the whole rear suspension and engines swap form trike frame to trx frame. the only way a 250r (honda that is) will have a PV is with an a/m cylinder.

an LT250r with a P/V 87-92 are quick, yes. but again a trx250r is a way better machine in nearly all aspects. better frame geomoetry, more engine upgrades, etc. a trx can be made to way over power an LT. theres only so much you can do to the pour suzuki.

also, dont sell teh 250r short on drag racing...theyre are some pretty wild R's out there that will give a banshee a run for his money.

250r's and banshees are great trail quads...its all about the setup...setup is key for any type of riding. only thing is banshees and LT250r's have gorrible suspension geometry, and dont make for good mx quads. 250r's are good for oval racing also.

for teh guy who said "race for slips and pull teh 400 home with your R". you got that backwards my friend..unless you like burning up clutches...use the 400 which has a torque-y motor, and pull the R home. they are both well built hondas, so dont let it hurt your pride much that a 4 poker is pulling a 2 smoker. (thats the way it should be....why do you think utility quads are usually 4 strokes????) use your head.

Im giving you rep for sticking up for the good ole ex. thanksI:I

Im giving you rep for sticking up for the good ole ex. thanksI:I
both great machines.....one is a legend, and the other doesnt get the credit its due....they arent lightning fast quads...but they are still great machines...

i saw a 400 at my 4-h atv club, that thing was all stock and when it too koff, he rode a wheelie forever, it was sick, i wish blasterz would wheelie like that.

blasters are no stranger to wheelies either....just gotta know how to do em....thats all i did on my blaster, and it was ALL STOCK!!! i have a pic somewhere.....i just dont have a scanner...

His 400ex is stock, my r has a pipe, filter, and reeds. So I think It'd be a pretty fair race. So when you say pretty much everything is changeable on the two, could I put 400ex plastics on my r?

if i was informed right.. the 400ex and 250r share the same frame..????

and a piped and reed'ed 250r will own a 400ex.. once again..

i like both machines but id take a250r over a 400 if i had the option

and blasters where born to wheelie also... short wheel base

i dont think trx 250rs share the same frame, but close.......and u no, i havent ever seen a youtube vid of someone doing slow wheelies on blasters, just power wheelies.....would some one be interested in looking it up and posting the vids.....id like to see some slow wheelies on blasters, kinda weird sense they are little wheelie machines
like this one...its a 400ex

this is a beyond slow wheelie

Last edited by a moderator:

I was the one that said it. Got a problem? Its called a joke. Ever hear of one?