250R For My 2005 YFZ

York Racing

Apr 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
I am now looking for a TRX250R or Tecate 4. I had a very good conversation with a friend who races a TRX250R at the track the other day and he made me realize that racing isn't about winning, it's about standing for what you believe in. And honestly, I would rather lose a race against a 450 on a 250r than win and be just like everyone else. I just want the fun of a smoker back. So the 2005 Special Edition YFZ450 is up for trade. It is a great bike and has the following mods:
Fresh motor-less than 10 hours on it
Stage 3 Hot Cams
Hot Rods Stroker Crank
Wiseco High Compression Piston
Renthal Bars
Cycra Bark Busters
Maxxis Razr 2's
Pro Armor XC Full Nerf Bars
Pro Armor XC Front Bumper
Headlight Elimination kit
Keihin 39mm FCR Carb
Barnett Clutch
I am looking for a modded TRX250R, preferably a 1986 or 1989, or a Kawasaki Tecate 4. The 250 MUST be modded decently for me to be interested. PM me offers.

you should buy that for a grand and keep the yfz. i'd be all over that T4 if he was closer to me.

Sorry but that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard!!! Like your gonna be noble losing on a 2 stroke. Hope your not planning on running anything close to a stock 250r cuz u wont even be in competition with a piped 450. Anyways good luck with the racing on whatever you pick up.

Yeah I know but still. If I'm going to race, I'm going to do it on something I enjoy riding. Not a 450 with the same punch in every gear. I want something exciting. lol

i'd have never traded that 450 for that tecate, and it'd have to be a full race ready, tons of mods 250r

I know this is a blaster 2 smoke forum but i love me some 450 easy to ride predictable powerfull great in stock form etc. I cant afford one and now that i have a blaster i really like it. Its so unpredictable its not safe but fun as hell. i have a basicly stock motor and i can just give it some gas it will go almost straight up and down.