250 swap

Green acres

Jan 11, 2010
St. Louis
I am wanting to get more power out of my blaster and I think I'm set on doing 250 dirtbike motor swap I was just wandering if there was a particular motor that seems to be the easiest or best to use. Any input is appreciated, thanks guys this site is awsome

any of the motors u will have to weld in new motor mounts, modify the exhaust which is the biggest issue, and if u get a liquid cooled one your gonna have to build radiator mounts. there are several threads already on this swap including mine that u can get just about all the info u need. yz otis is the one i have been getting most of my info on u can look in his album and see how he did his. its really an easy swap not too much too it except the pipe it needs to be right u dont want to start changing the pipe that much. u will also have to cut your swingarm because the yz mount on the back of the motor is going to be wider than the blasters i think i may have cut 1/2 inch out of mine. im using a radiator off of a 06 predator 500. u can get them cheap as well i think i got mine for 50 shipped. if u have access to a welder and torch shouldnt be a problem doing.