240 big bore kit??

SaloonGoon

Aug 17, 2009
Hey guys i got a 2001 blaster only mods are fmf pipes and boysen reed valves. I'm looking to get a 240 big bore kit, and the question is should i just get vitos and is it just a do it yourself bolt on kit no need to resleve or anything. If not what kit should i get? Also should i get a new carb if so what size and where can i get one? Thankyou and sorry im not the most educated on all this big bore and carb stuff.

The vitos kits are great, because they come with all new parts, ready to install.
it comes with the jet kit to work with your stock carb.
we have the kits available

im not a big fan of the do it yourself sleeve kits.... but they work for some people.

Alright thanks where could i buy a 30 mm carb anyone know i just ebayed it and got one for 130$ anything cheaper out there

What you really need to do is set back and think a minute about what you really want and how much money you have to spend... If you simply want more power then the 240 kit may not be the best solution. A good prot job and a stock jug will cost you a 1/4th of what a UN-ported 240 kit will and will give you better performance. I would not suggest getting a 240 kit unless you plan on spending the money to get it ported also. Also a right bend pipe will also do wonders for you also and ditch the FMF.

well its time for a rebuild anywase need a new piston rings and alsogoing to get it bored a bit thats where this idea for the 240 kit came from but i didnt realize that i would also need to get a new carb right bend pipes to get full performance. Probably will get all of that though if i can get the money :D

no, you do not need to resleeve the kit, the Vitos 240 kit comes with a whole new big bore cylinder, piston kit, head, gaskets, and jet kit

projectblaster.com But from what I've been told you what a 34mm - 36mm it all depends on the work you do. Also now is a good time to think about what you want to do in the future if you get the 240 then decide to get it ported it may not work if you get a stroker crank down the line, so if you want a stroker wait to port it till after you get the stroker.

i have a vitos bb kit that i sent to flotek to have a trail port job done to it and it runs real good. i have a 35mm pwk carb matched to it. i really like it alot.

get a nice port, trust me my buddy bought a vitos kit, and i spent 250 dollars on a port from bikeman performance. and my blaster blows his out of the water..... get a nice port and a 34mm pj. and i still run my fmf pipe, just my .02 its one of the faster blasters in my part of town...