240 big bore +3mm stroker in the works!

walawn

Sep 15, 2009
I live in Millwood, GA.
Hey guys. I'm new to this forum, but have been a member of raptorforum since 06. I have owned 3 Blasters in the past and am on my fourth. I own a small business repairing a.t.v.s in my shop behind my house (Lawn Motorsports) and an online parts store . I have been a mechanic for ten years and am certified via Penn Foster Career School. I am almost finished rebuilding an 2002 Blaster from the frame up. I'm sorry, but I don't have before/after pics. It was blue w/ silver frame. I have sandblasted/painted the frame/swingarm black. It has Artrax tires/Douglas wheels, black plastic, Vito's 240/stroker kits, G-force axle, G-force front wheel spacers, aftermarket seat/bars, ProTaper grips, and a +2 countershaft sprocket pulling 18' rears. I just finished rebuilding the motor and rear end last night. Both are installed on the frame. Looks for pics soon! Thanks!

Well guys...sorry for such a long delay between posts. I had scheduled the whole month of September for the build and finished two weeks early. It's taken me this long to get the damn thing firing! Most of the electrical components were bad. In addition to the above listed I have installed new O.E.M. wiring harness, CDI, control module, stator, coil, and spark plug. I had to jump the TORS to get it to fire. The flywheel got kicked over on the cranksaft so it was firing on the exhuast/compression stroke. Mine keeps shearing Woodruff keys on the crankshaft. It's making 60 h.p.+ and shears them when it hits the powerband. It's faster than my stock Raptor 700R even with the 18" wheels. I did go up two teeth on the counter-shaft sprocket. Does any one have any advice on what I can do to keep it from shearing keys? I have two O.E.M. keys coming in my next part order. Are there any stronger aftermarket keys that fit the crankshaft? This unit will be on my Ebay store asap since I have a couple of grand tied up in it if anyone is interested. I will post pics on this thread the same day. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: