23 in tires?

fzr800

Feb 16, 2012
anyone know of or use 23in tires front and back on there blaster?i want more ground clearence

23" rear tires will drag the footboxes and mud guards on the rear. My brother in law has 22-11-8" dirt devils on his and the foot boxes rubs sometimes (but not bad enough not to run them either)

With 23's on the rear there is going to be a fair bit more circumference added and will affect your gearing, you may need to drop the front sprocket one tooth, depending what tyres you are running now.

Can't you trim it if you really wanted to run 23's though?

Yep if you don't mind the huge honking tires throwing mud all over the back of your feet, you certainly can just take all that stuff off. Personally, I like the fact that yamaha at least gave a go at heel guards and splash guards.

I had 22's all around when I first threw mine together. they would have been close to those plastics if they were still there, I would imagine 23's would get REAL close to them

do lots of ridin in the woods,just lookin for ground clearance.i dont mind the mud lol,thats y they make soap n water:)i have 14 40 gearing now and 20 11 8 razrs

you have to match your wheel diameter (stock is 8") to the last number in the tire size.

you'lll want to see what you can in the 23" tire size that will fit the rims that you have, unless you're wanting to get new rims as well

Ya I kinda figured. That. But as long as it won't mess up my motor I can pull my kids around the yard. I gotta get back to work before I can get new rims. Was just wondering if it was safe

going up in size is going to be harder on the clutch than the smaller size tires. so long as you're nut running really roughed up or rutted out terrain, the 18's should be fine