2006 Blaster I picked up today

I started working on this motor again the other day. I have the clutch side reassembled, and I got the new stator today and put it on. Just waiting for a die to clean up the crank threads. This has taken longer than expected!

I did get the crank threads straightened out. I bought the m12x1.25 die, and got it to chase them back to good. Thanks again for the info on the die size Blaaster. I also changed the Phillips head screws on the stator and oil pump covers to Hex head screws.

The motor held 7psi for 15 minutes, and is Leak free now, I may put it back on the bike tomorrow if my neighbor is around to help hold things in place.

I only have a stock pipe to put on it, but it will be fine for heat cycles and a break in period.

Ill take some pics of it going back together, hopefully tomorrow if I'm up for it and not at work!

Fred

Its running! My neighbor came over and we got it all back together. Took it outside and ran 1 heat cycle. Shockingly The idle and air fuel screw were just about dead on from when I pre set them. Sounds good too. When I was bumping it, it has a nice crisp response. Here are a few pics.

I'm not Blaaster, If you notice, I didnt put a chain on yet! That helps keep the temptation away. That and I have a nice Ham cooking in the oven right now, and a cold Beer in my hand!

Well the heat cycles are done. I put the chain back on tonight. Tomorrow if I get home from work on time, I plan on putting around the neighborhood for awhile untill dark. Hopefully Sunday I can get out keep on putting around.

little warning about that muffler.... when u get a rear grab bar, make sure its long enough that if u wheelie up all the way it doesnt hit, i had that muffler and got a grab bar that wasnt long enough so i cut 3 or 4 inches (dont remeber) off my muffler for it to clear.