2005 Blaster

need4sand

Mar 24, 2013
Hello,

I have a 2005 blaster with air box removed and a toomey pipe and silencer. would like some info on carb settings.. main jet and pilot jet size and where needle should be. We ride at the oregon coast..

Thank You

Air cleaner direct on carb? Get a range of 310-340 start big and plug chop or read plug and adjust accordingly. Stock pilot , needle middle clip, air screw 1 1/2 turns out. Clean carb and set float while you're in there.

These are only starting points, you still have to fine tune it.

BTW, WELCOME !!!

I:I​

With the air filter directly on the carb throat you will wring the maximium power from that motor.

It will be noticed that up to 4 sizes bigger main jet will have to be used owing to the increased air flow.

You may find that the needle also will need to be raised up to richen it owing to increased air.

People can run into jetting difficulties by not realising that the needle may need to be changed due to differences in velovity.

The filter you run cannot be a paper variety as it will wet with fuel and be destroyed.

Running the filter there does require that you plug chop at 1/2, 3/4 and full throttle because jetting is more complex, again, owing to change of velocity.