2003 blaster rebuild help

MaHarvey

Sep 17, 2015
I'm going to start a restoration of my 2003 blaster it's not in bad shape now and works well but I want it too look just as good as I got it running now I'm looking for some recommendations on some nice parts things I need are:
-New clutch lever and probably a new brake lever to match
-exaust clamp
-hand grips
-seat cover
-tail light
-maby a nice new exaust and muffler
-springs painted or maby some shock covers

I'm thinking I'm gonna strip it down paint frame red and refinish my plastics white or black open to any nice parts and ideas, thanks

I ebayed the...
Seat cover
Clutch lever and perch
http://m.ebay.com/itm/1988-2006-YAM...Y-amp-PERCH-/161820302516?txnId=1310872352006

Exhaust clamp

I got my grips from a local store but I've heard good things about grips called "spider"?? I want to say bikebandit has em.

The exhaust.. I'm still searching for one myself but I'm watching ebay for a used one. They have decent prices on new pipes also.

Don't forget to set up the carb correctly and jet it.. tons of information on this forum about this. Leak down tests are pretty handy too.. tons of info on that as well

Anyways.. I've been looking at handle bars... I think I'm going to get pro taper se kx high bend... if you need bars pro tapers se series are pretty neat, about $60 and lots of different sizes and bends etc

Yeah I was lookin at a lot of stuff on ebay definatly getting the red and black seat cover... I was also thinking about pro taper bars might look into it more thanks for the info

You can get conversion risers for the bars to run "fat bars". Also check out OURY grips. They are very nice and help with vibration through the bars.

Here are parts I'm thinking about buying
Screenshot_2015-09-29-09-13-03.png
so far I'll have a look at these fat bars too would I need throttle extensions and longer hydronic lines and clutch cable Just realized it's wrong seat cover have find one for blaster

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Don't get those foot guards. You can buy raptor heel guards for like 15-30 dollars and they bolt right up to our pegs. That's a lot of money for a piece of plastic. Here's a pic of what they look like.

I currently have nerf bars but my issue is my foot hits tire on right side some times due to my clown feet lol just want something there to prevent this before I f*ck up my foot or break sommin lol... I'll post some pics of the bike after work, I'm soon leaving for month or more for work just trying get my parts ordered so I can rebuild it during the winter when I have 35 days off

eBay, I wanted a more old school look on a newer bike so I bought 88-02 graphics and trimmed them up a bit. Not perfect but for 12 dollars it is ok. I eventually want to get graphics from spasticdesigns.com but they are pricey.

Jus looked em up 55 bucks not too bad I was lookin for more of a somewhat original yamaha look tho

was just going to ask what that effect was on the cap and throttle, then saw it under the pics.
sweet, I like it !

rolling them bars forward more will give you better control with your arms straighter.
and out of the way of your knees hitting them
jus sayin :)