2003-2006 TORS Delete...proper wiring...Here's what I did...

joeak47

Apr 21, 2012
Northern NEVADA!
After reading everything I could find,including the motion pro instructions,not all the information was complete....

The thumb throttle switch gets disconnected (under the hood) and the plug that it connects to gets its two wires looped. I looped it this way.....I just snipped the plug end off of the end of the thumb throttle switch wire leeving a few inches of wire,soldered and heat shrunk the two wires together to make the connection,then snapped it back into its matching plug under the hood. ....Done!

The plug that went to the TORS unit that was on the top of the carb was left unplugged.... I did not loop this one......Done!

Last but not least,the parking brake switch was disconnected under under the hood and NOT looped....Done!

Everything works perfectly! Hope this helps.

P.S. I also tested the kill switch and ignition switch multiple times after starting the engine,to make sure everything worked like it should,and it does.

Well, I have tried this on the 05, with no luck, jumped one switch at a time, jumpped both, same result no start. What the hell is the problem, why do some blasty this works for and some it doesn't.

Well, I have tried this on the 05, with no luck, jumped one switch at a time, jumpped both, same result no start. What the hell is the problem, why do some blasty this works for and some it doesn't.

Ive heard the same thing Slick , my 04 SE that I had 2 years ago Had the Tors unhooked , it ran fine after I put a 88-02 motor in it , But Tried to put in a 03-06 motor and it Didn't Start either ! , I gave up Swapped the 88-02 motor and sold for 900

The motor wasn't the issuer bro, The 88-02 uses a 4 wire stator and then that leaves the green wire harness side unplugged! Which is the key! I'm gonna try this when i go home today I'm gonna unplug it and if it fires up, I owe Braaptor a six-pack!

Gotcha , We Didnt have a key for the 04 ! , But i have keys for my red and black one, And one key for the parts one , Glad your getting the issue figured out Slick !

Don't need a key brutha! I sure hope grounding the green wire from the stator solves my issue! I have to try the 35 air striker carb so i can see if there is any difference!