2002 Blaster Full Paint And Rebuild

Dirtbiter83

Jan 31, 2015
Gulfport Mississippi
I just joined the forum and I bought a 02 blaster for $25 it has racing plastics bills header fmf pipe racing hydraulic rear brake itp rims and bored 0.40 with no compression so I started to tear it down the crank is bad bought wiseco bottom end and split the case to find out the right side case has a hole in it where the counter balance hit it so I'm waiting for a new case but have repainted the frame and plastics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 264
Lookin good so far, welcome to BF !

Right side while on the quad?

anytime a direction/side is given about a quad, we assume its while sitting on it.

so you need the case half the clutch is in?

yes you definitely need a new one.

is the left side good? check around the drive sprocket, most often a chain snaps and invites itself in on the stator ;)

Right side cases can be found on Fee bay for cheap sometimes. They are not as sought after as the left/stator side cases. Be sure to look at the pics closely though and be sure to ask the seller if there are any cracks or anything before purchase. It will protect you in the sale if something were to happen. I have seen them for around 40-50$ from time to time. You will need to get some seals too while you are at it.

No the left side is good I had to buy a new stator for it there was water damage to the magneto and stator and the crank seals where shot I'm going to try to clean the magneto up its got rust on it the guy I got the bike from used it as a mud toy