2001 blaster oil injection

charles sharpe

Nov 21, 2015
Just got a 2001 blaster guy said oil injection still works but left it empty and just mixed gas with no block off plate.Question is can you leave the oil injection hooked up and still mix gas or is that bad??

It is not a good idea to leave the injection system hooked up while it is not being used. It is a very good sysetem and if you have it on there and it's functional than imo you should use it. You will need to bleed the though if you decide to use the injection system.

If you decide "not" to use the injection system, than you risk the chance of the injection pump/gear to possibly seize up and or break. Also you will need to cap off the oil injection line that goes into the carb. << Without doing so you will have an air leak and could possibly creat a too lean of condition.

Last edited:
Reactions: OConnor Racing
It is not a good idea to leave the injection system hooked up while it is not being used. It is a very good sysetem and if you have it on there and it's functional than imo you should use it. You will need to bleed the system if you decide to use the injection system.

If you decide not to use the injection system, than you risk the chance of the injection pump/gear to possibly seize up and or break. Also you will need to cap off the oil injection line that goes into the carb. << Without doing so you will have an air leak and could possibly creat a too lean of condition.

It is not a good idea to leave the injection system hooked up while it is not being used. It is a very good sysetem and if you have it on there and it's functional than imo you should use it. You will need to bleed the system if you decide to use the injection system.

If you decide not to use the injection system, than you risk the chance of the injection pump/gear to possibly seize up and or break. Also you will need to cap off the oil injection line that goes into the carb. << Without doing so you will have an air leak and could possibly creat a too lean of condition.

How do I bleed the system after I fill the bottle

You guys are awesome thanks for all the help new to the oil injection used to mixing gas how do I know if the pump is working

Reactions: pudvah
You can pull the rubber boot off the back of the carb and watch the oil being injected out of the orifice on the carb intake, right where the incoming air boot connects to the carb. The orifice is at the "One Oclock" position to the much bigger hole that is at "High Noon"

OR...You can also momentarily pull the oil line from the carb and let it inject the oil on a shop rag or into a cup. You would only do this method briefly... about 30 seconds is all you will need. There is enough oil in the crank case to keep things lubed while you do this. Pull the line watch it drip, give it a rev and watch the oil injection increase, then plug it back in. If your worried about

Oil injection IS NOT like a fuel injector.
Its a slow "pulse" if you will. A slow "pulse" of oil (less than a quarter drop per pulse) that gets "grabbed" by the high velocity incoming air. This pulse increases with engine rpm's. You can watch it all happen at the back of the carb.

The oil injection is a super reliable system I prefer it. Other folks like to pre-mix and remove the set up.
Either works. Just pick one and run with it. My suggestion for oil is ...

MAXIMA SUPER "M" Injector.

For pre-mix guy's use...

Maxima Super "M".

In my opinion, this is one of the best oil's for two stroke engines out there!

There are others, and I'm not putting them down, Maxima just happens to be my favorite.

You can see the oil injection orifice in this photo below \/ \/ \/

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Just got a 2001 blaster guy said oil injection still works but left it empty and just mixed gas with no block off plate.Question is can you leave the oil injection hooked up and still mix gas or is that bad??
The oil injection on the Blaster is awsome if you keep it toped up..I blew a motor up before cuz I let it go pretty low and flipped the bike and I sucked in air and air locked the system... But other than that it worked awesom..way cheeper on oil...I switched to pre mix tho after I blew up because of it

The oil injection on the Blaster is awsome if you keep it toped up..I blew a motor up before cuz I let it go pretty low and flipped the bike and I sucked in air and air locked the system

This is a perfect example of "operator error". It happens.

Even with a "flip over", it takes quite a bit more to cause the system to stop. I wonder if you had another problem with your engine. Flips happen on my end too and Mine just keeps on working. Sounds like that oil tank of yours was run completely dry to where the pump was fed air. If there is oil in the tank, a flip doesn't cause issues.

You can pull the rubber boot off the back of the carb and watch the oil being injected out of the orifice on the carb intake, right where the incoming air boot connects to the carb. The orifice is at the "One Oclock" position to the much bigger hole that is at "High Noon"

OR...You can also momentarily pull the oil line from the carb and let it inject the oil on a shop rag or into a cup. You would only do this method briefly... about 30 seconds is all you will need. There is enough oil in the crank case to keep things lubed while you do this. Pull the line watch it drip, give it a rev and watch the oil injection increase, then plug it back in. If your worried about

Oil injection IS NOT like a fuel injector.
Its a slow "pulse" if you will. A slow "pulse" of oil (less than a quarter drop per pulse) that gets "grabbed" by the high velocity incoming air. This pulse increases with engine rpm's. You can watch it all happen at the back of the carb.

The oil injection is a super reliable system I prefer it. Other folks like to pre-mix and remove the set up.
Either works. Just pick one and run with it. My suggestion for oil is ...

MAXIMA SUPER "M" Injector.

For pre-mix guy's use...

Maxima Super "M".

In my opinion, this is one of the best oil's for two stroke engines out there!

There are others, and I'm not putting them down, Maxima just happens to be my favorite.

You can see the oil injection orifice in this photo below \/ \/ \/

s-l1600.jpg
Awesome thank you new to the blaster appreciate the info