2000 blaster getting fuel to carb but not the plug

chrisjames

Nov 6, 2014
Any help is appreciated. I am not new to bikes and have cleaned the snot out of the carb. rode it for about a hour yesterday and it just died. drug it back home to find out that fuel isn't getting to the plug. fuel is getting to the carb bowl but not the plug itself. can the cdi affect that or is it just the float level. I cleaned the carb again and again and still no fuel to the plug. thanks if you can help

did you take pilot jet out and soak it in carb cleaner?
floats may be sticking.
make sure gas cap is ventilating properly,unscrew it a lil,or check for constant flow from tank to carb.
new plug, compression test:) check for spark
02 carb with text 1 1 1.jpg

did you take pilot jet out and soak it in carb cleaner?
floats may be sticking.
make sure gas cap is ventilating properly,unscrew it a lil,or check for constant flow from tank to carb.
new plug, compression test:)
yes I did clean and soak all jets and blew air through all passages in the carb itself. I did check the fuel coming from petcock to carb was great pressure and it fills up the bowl but just not getting to the plug. someone said that the cdi could do this but I didn't think that was true and I have extra cdi boxes I can try if that is the issue. Im thinking its the float level myself but doesn't make sence that it ran for a hour then just died with no fuel to the spark plug. also put in a new plug lastnight and still dry as a bone.

yes I did clean and soak all jets and blew air through all passages in the carb itself. I did check the fuel coming from petcock to carb was great pressure and it fills up the bowl but just not getting to the plug. someone said that the cdi could do this but I didn't think that was true and I have extra cdi boxes I can try if that is the issue. Im thinking its the float level myself but doesn't make sence that it ran for a hour then just died with no fuel to the spark plug. also put in a new plug lastnight and still dry as a bone.
I also have not done a compression test but plan on it tonight.

if you still think it is not getting fuel
all i can say is pilot jet, float needle/seat.
compression should be around 120psi
check reeds and compression,tors system.
if the plug is sparking to side of engine,maybe the woodruff key broke off and flywheel spun/making the timing off:)
cant tell you how to get fuel on plug to check lolo_O

im going to check the compression tonight when I get home and see wheres its at. ill let you know what it is. But correct me if im wrong. If the float height got bent could it the needle be closing before its even allowed to pass?

yes it could restrict gas from going in bowl.
crack the drain screw on bowl and see if it flows good.
member blaaster has a good chart on how to do it im sure he will see this and respond or you can look through carb section.
it might be a fuel problem and it might be summin else,if it was running for an hour and diedo_O
get us a pic of your carb both sides if you can

I'm gonna go with broken piston skirt on the exhaust side. You can't get fuel into the motor if you don't have air flow into the motor through the carb. If air is gleefully wheezing in and out of the exhaust, the motors not going to suck air through the carb. Pull the exhaust off and look at the piston. If that looks OK, pull the carb and look at the reeds. Whatever you find, do a leakdown test before you take it apart any farther than that.

Reactions: dirtysquared