2 dum questions

rusty1988

Jan 23, 2010
i got a 01 blaster its all stock expect the exhaust system it has a fmf power core 2 muffle and fmf pipe and i opend my muffler and found this insalation stuff and one part of it looked like it was on fire at one time so i took it out and put the muffle back togeather and it sounds gud if i leave it like this will it hurt the moter in any way and my 2nd question is i pulled the head off of it to check the jug and every thing looked fine but the piston was a lil smaller than the bore but the ring touched the whole bore the piston not touchin the whole bore in the jug is a bad thing or no i still have a lot of power and did a compression test on a semi warm moter (been off for 15 mins) and it said i had 120 psi can some one help me out here

i wouldn't worry about that, but i'd repack that silencer, you can use steel wool, i did that and it sounds awesome.

why wut will it do if i dont and u can pack diffrent things in the muffle and will it give it diffrent sounds

it will a bit and supposedly gives a little more performance too, there's a DIY on it in the DIY section.

it will a bit and supposedly gives a little more performance too, there's a DIY on it in the DIY section.

its not supposedly, it DOES add some torque to the motor because your getting back a little bit of back pressure...
it will not hurt your motor to run no muffler packing but why do that if you get more torque by running the packing..

I guess i should've said i can't comment on how much difference because i haven't ridden it yet and don't have anything else to compare it to

if the piston was touching the bore, you would have problems. Dont forget, air cooled engines have bigger tolerances than water cooled.

John in vegas