1999 hydro brake conversation

I have a 99 blaster how would I convert to a hydro for cheap if I bought a banshee carrier and axle would they fit and could i use a blaster axle on a banshee carrier ? Also if I bought the banshee hydro rear breaks would they mount to the carrier ? And are the axle bearings the same for a blaster and banshee does it matter the years?

I have a 99 blaster how would I convert to a hydro for cheap if I bought a banshee carrier and axle would they fit and could i use a blaster axle on a banshee carrier ? Also if I bought the banshee hydro rear breaks would they mount to the carrier ? And are the axle bearings the same for a blaster and banshee does it matter the years?

For one, your going to be hit with to many posts about the exact same thing. So keep your posts down to one. Fyi. Get in touch with awk. He sells a complete hydro setup for the 88-02 blasters.

Wow 3 diff posts on same subject, a subject brought up in over 1,0000,0000,000 times search n google search does wonders. Also ur questions were all answered in many other posts, please keep the b.s. limited so ppl can get proper help and give proper help.
Ditch banshee carrier its too narrow, use blaster carrier, get new bearings while apart, can use either banshee or blaster hubs if it came with them, put ur blaster sprocket on to keep married sprockets/chains paired, can use aftermarket hydros like trenga or snag one from awk

all Austins posts moved to this thread.
message sent with info on my brakes.

I just won an 03-newer blaster rear hydro setup from dirtysquared on here and it worked perfect. I had to make the bracket for the master cylinder but everything else bolted right up. It was the whole rear end. If you could find a whole rear end, brake lever and foot peg, that's all you need and about an hour of your time. Oh and of course the master cylinder from that bike also.

544788_10150946178920803_837951819_n.jpg

Here is a Warrior/Banshee/Raptor/Blaster hydraulic unit adapted to fit on the early Blaster. As you can see, even the park brake could be used if you want to (not on mine). The adapter is a 1"x1/4" inch plate of cold rolled steel worth about $1. You have to drill the holes and get longer bolts.

Steve

Here is a Warrior/Banshee/Raptor/Blaster hydraulic unit adapted to fit on the early Blaster. As you can see, even the park brake could be used if you want to (not on mine). The adapter is a 1"x1/4" inch plate of cold rolled steel worth about $1. You have to drill the holes and get longer bolts.

Steve

do you maybe have a picture from above for me?

do you maybe have a picture from above for me?

This Warrior setup is a fixed caliper and works with the stock floating rotor.
576309_10150946179840803_1788770621_n.jpg

Look at the 1/4" steel plate in the above picture. That is the key piece to use a Yamaha ATV rear brake.
Unbolt the caliper Allen bolts, get 2 bolts 1/4" longer and make a plate to fit between the halves of the caliper.
Here is how I did the master cylinder. There is a nut for the lower mounting bolt welded to the frame.
223409_10150236712480803_5651075_n.jpg

Note the brake pedal is straightened to lengthen it for proper leverage.

This is what the brake mount looks like before the bar and caliper is mounted to it.
540287_10151004900485803_1370816428_n.jpg

Note there is a another bar is welded below it and a 250 Kawi Ninja caliper is mounted in this pict.
The Ninja pads were expensive and rare and if this floating caliper is used the rotor has to be fixed.

Steve

Last edited: