1999 blaster rebuild

justice4x4

Jan 21, 2015
I've posted on here about a month ago about rear brakes for my blaster. So I figured I start a build thread. I bought it couple years ago and run great. I finally had the put new rings in cause of the oil injection. Then last year I went to start it and half way down it stopped. I pulled the motor and the crank bearings went out. Finally got everything to rebuild the motor.

Motor parts-
namura piston and rings
Crank can't remember the brand
Gasket kit
Tusk heavy duty clutch
boyesen reeds

Other new parts
Axle and carrier
Chain and sprocket
Front brake cables
Carb and petcock rebuild kit

Parts to get
Awks brakes
Front banshee/yfz brake parts
Fxr nerfs
Build a grab bar
DMC alien exhaust
Tires
Lights

I still need to get it bored and honed. I'm having a buddy do it for me at his work.

Future plans
Find a parts blaster
Spend to kor for Vito's 240 and +3 crank with porting
Vforce 4 reeds
Alba a arms
Banshee rear extended rear hubs

I'll post pics this weekend

Welcome, Sounds like you have done some reading and know what you want. Post up some pics so we can watch the progress.

Thanks! I've been lurking on the forums since I've bought my blaster. I've been debating on doin the advance timin when I tear the motor apart. I will post pics asap.

I got my cylinder dropped off at the machine shop today hopefully I'll get it back soon and get my motor running again

My cylinder is done and picking it up this Friday then hopefully start wrenching on the bottom end.

I'll make sure I wash and oil my cylinder. No I'm not working in the open. I got it sitting outside cause dad needed room in the garage. I'll be taking it to my buddy's shop this week. Its covered up by a tarp.

Sorry I haven't updated for awhile. My motor ended up getting stolen and kinda give up on the blaster for awhile cause no funds. I found me a motor close to my town for $250. Only thing I gotta get is top end gaskets and rings.

Yea my buddy's shop got broken in to and a whole bunch of stuff got stolen including my motor and his banshee.