1996 blaster 200 project

Devilman910

Dec 20, 2010
29 palms ca
I just picked up my first blaster project the top end is in a box i need some advice on cleaning and preparing the parts for the top end rebuild i will take some pics in the morning to show anyone willing to help me out what i have to work with

Soap and water work fine, altough I'm fond of carb cleaner and Simple Green. It is very important that you immediately coat the inside of the cylinder with oil or WD-40 to prevent rust after washing.

use some degreser and clean thoroughly and clean throughly, when ready to install take a papertowel and add some oil to it, dab it on the piston and rings then a light coat around the inside of the cylinder, simple task, f u need parts just ask i may have some for ya!

the pictures of my project are in my album on my page i couldnt figure out how to post them i need to get started on this thing asap

alright i went through the top end and checked out the bottom end its been open for awhile and its extremley dirty in the crank case but the crank spins pretty freely any suggestions on how to clean up the inside with out having to take it apart

damn looked at your pics. did you dig that thing up from the dirt or what? your gonning to need a hone for sure maybe a bore depending hoew bad that rust is (if its rust couldnt tell) and you need to get something done to the head to clean it up also for the bottom end my guess is that it looks just like the top end and you should disassemble it all and clean what can be cleaned and replace what cant looks like a fun project its gonna be a challenge!

yeah man its been sitting open for awhile but luckily inside, i didnt pay anything for it it was in an automotive shop in palm springs ca its the desert so the humidity wasnt much of a problem most is stuck on grease and dust. do you send the head to a machine shop like you do a car to get cleaned up?

Well i started the clean up today cylinder looks had to hone just a little nothing serious, the head looks kinda rough though there are alot of small nicks and scratches in it all around the spark plug im pretty sure it needs to be machined. I will have to check out the carb tomorrow but i may just get a new one it looks pretty rough also. Im taking the bottom end to the shop monday to see what its going to cost to get it rebuilt

well most of the clean up is done ready to take the bottom end to the shop monday to get it rebuilt im going to take the jug in also to get it measured to order the right piston size. any suggestions on what i use to paint the frame powder coat isnt in my budget i want to use something thats not going to wear out fast

well most of the clean up is done ready to take the bottom end to the shop monday to get it rebuilt im going to take the jug in also to get it measured to order the right piston size. any suggestions on what i use to paint the frame powder coat isnt in my budget i want to use something thats not going to wear out fast

with proper prep work regular spray paint can work great and be very durable. thats what i did and it still looks great after almost a year.