1995 yamaha blaster restoration.

well runs good. but it eats spark plugs, turns the tip black. also i need to adjust my clutch.

well runs good. but it eats spark plugs, turns the tip black.
10982480_924808017559340_1386122888802513757_n.jpg
also i need to adjust my clutch.

I know it has a fmf gold series with a power core 2 muffler. Idk on the jetting. How could I find out?

I'm thinking the reeds might be clogged? Air filter is clean. Not brand new but I blew all the dirt and dust out of it. Has never been wet so I know it's not water logged

Reeds can't "clog" , except hand full of mud.
If it's a foam filter clean it properly.
Have to take float bowl off carb to see size number on main jet.
What plug are you running? Gap?
Is your spark a nice fat blue, or lazy azz yellow?

spark is blue. and i run a ngk b8es gapped about .030. ill take the carb apart tomorrow.

While your in there make sure the floats are set right. It is easy for them to get thrown off, and a little bit can make a big difference

230 main jet. how can i check the floats? all looks right to me. i mix my gas 32:1. too rich? carb is adjusted new reeds and new plug.bogs out bad now idk whats going on. tors issue? i disconnected it all.

upload_2015-3-8_20-24-46.png

That fmf requires at least a 260. What filter, lid on or off, temps? At your elevation the fmf may be ok with 230, probably lean though, depends on other mods, only way to tell for sure is a plug chop. 32:1 is fine

just a regular filter. lid on. and no other mods. just 20 over hot rod crank and wiseco piston. cometic head and jug gasket. also has boysen reeds. ill check the float now

If the floats are right and the carb has been thoroughly cleaned and blown you shouldn't be having a rich condition with a 230. I thought you had said elevation of 7000, but I don't see that now maybe I read it somewhere else?

Yeah than that 230 is way to small. You must have something causing the rich condition. You need to take the slide out and check to see what the clip position is on the needle. If it were me I would toss the air box lid and get 270-310 jets (individuals not a kit), and plug chop to confirm. ^^ that was my next thing as well, are you using good fresh gas and are you sure youre mixing it properly

i always run 91 octane. the gas that was in my bike when i rode it yesterday has been sitting for a few weeks pre mixed. i run peak 2 cycle. mix 6.4 ounces to 1.6 gallons