1988 LT250R build

blaster racer87

Mar 4, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Hey all havnt been on this forum in AGES although it is the nicest one ive ever been apart of so im back! I recently traded my 1990 rm250 for my dream quad lt250r. Here's what i have.

As she sits now...

Trans has been assembled by my local Yamaha dealer

Trinity racing did a pretty good job fixing this cylinder

Parts in boxes and what not.

Hows my clutch basket looking?

I have most of the parts. Last night I ordered a bolt kit, oil drain plug, oil filler plug, wrist pin and needle bearing, and a few other small parts.

I have having a lot of trouble finding a good deal on a kick start lever and im in need so if you guys find a good deal let me know (dont really wanna pay $80 on ebay for one).

More updates to come as i slowly progress.

Last edited:
Looks like a fun build.

Clutch looks like its starting to get some grooves. probably want to pop it apart and file that nice n smooth

Last edited:
Clutch looks like its starting to get some grooves. probably want to pop it apart and file that nice n smooth

good eye herp, i see some grooving too, a light filing would help, but a billet basket would be best

basket.jpg

How long will the basket last until it needs to be replaced after i file it? I planned on getting a new billet basket sometime between late fall and winter. Could i wait that long to get a new one?

Looks like a nice project. Do you plan to restore it back to original, or build it how you want it?

Thanks man! And id really like to set it up just right for the riding i do. But for now im really itching to get it done and ride so ill make more changes as time goes one. But i do like the original ones too, pretty slick.

Last edited: