1987 Polaris Cyclone 250x

xKroniK13x

THEN WE ALL BLOW UP!
Sep 4, 2009
Hey guys, my grandpa is trying to sell his old utility quad. It was used on a local airport for a long time, and then he bought it from them and fixed it up since then, but now he has a new quad.

It's an old Polaris Cyclone utility ATV. It also looks very, very similar to the trail bosses, if not identical. It certainly makes a good work quad. He is more or less looking to see what he'd get out of it just to get it out of the garage. I'll get pictures of it soon, I was thinking $400ishhh?

This is a picture that looks nearly identical.
resize.php

If there is interest, I can get lots of pictures for you guys. I plan to soon anyway to craigslist it. I:I

cool little peice of info i found on a website regarding these engines...
"Want more power from your 250 Trailblazer? This engine has great potential and a long history. The 250 engine was the first Polaris product and it's mainstay in the early years. As the demand for more power became more pressing, Polaris came out with hotter versions of this engine. This effort peaked in the late 80's when the Cyclone model arrived with a 38mm carb, a much modified cylinder porting and a higher revving pipe. This model pumped out over 30 HP but was only around for a few years as a stop gap until Polaris introduced the larger liquid cooled 350 two stroke motor, which then evolved into the 400 engine."
Aaen Performance - Polaris ATV Trailblazer 250

cool little peice of info i found on a website regarding these engines...
"Want more power from your 250 Trailblazer? This engine has great potential and a long history. The 250 engine was the first Polaris product and it's mainstay in the early years. As the demand for more power became more pressing, Polaris came out with hotter versions of this engine. This effort peaked in the late 80's when the Cyclone model arrived with a 38mm carb, a much modified cylinder porting and a higher revving pipe. This model pumped out over 30 HP but was only around for a few years as a stop gap until Polaris introduced the larger liquid cooled 350 two stroke motor, which then evolved into the 400 engine."
Aaen Performance - Polaris ATV Trailblazer 250

Good info man! I:I Thanks!

that sounds like a great price for a little farm quad. and it's a smoker

I've riden it, it's not a bad right at all and definitely gets work done!

Is this model a 4x4 like the one in the pic?

Yes, it's 4x4. It does need a new front bearing... I can get any information you need on it.