06 Yfz front shock lenght

blaster003

May 13, 2014
I might buy a set of 06 front shocks for my asr long travel a arms. I have heard the lengths are different for different years anyone know the lenght for the 06s

Are you sure cause I have seen sets forsale on eBay that are 04s and 05s that says they are 16 inchs long

The yfz shocks from 04 to 08 are 15 3/4" eye to eye and the oem Raptor shocks are 16" eye to eye. The 450r shocks are bigger/bulkier than most aftermarket shocks, and 18.5 eye to eye.

So would the 06 yfz shocks work on the asr long travel a arms?? Or do I need to get something else

I agree with jus_me on exact shock length. TRX shocks are 16" and are a good shock to consider using.

I can get the yfz shocks for a really good deal but don't know if they will be too low with the asr long travel a arms

Asr's site says there long travel a arms require 16 1/4" length shock. I'm running 16.5", different brand a arms but if your in the 16-16.75" range you should be fine. Running the 15.75" should be just fine also but your just limiting b the travel a little bit.

I think @bronco79 posted a link that had all different shock lengths. I'm pretty sure it was on Works performance's website.

Worth asking, or taking a look.

Should I get the asr standard travel a arms or the long travel for the yfz shocks?
Well standard travel would be for the 14 1/2 inch factory shocks and their long travel says a 16 1/4 inch shock. The yfz shock is 15 3/4 inch so that a lot closer to the long travel. I don't know how much that half inch shorter will effect it but the standard travel is pretty far off and would not be advised without getting some kind of a shock conversion mount.

ok anyone else know take off shocks that would be almost perfect length for the asr long travel a arms.

It was mentioned somewhere on here and I have looked on the works website to confirm the length but raptor 700 front shocks are 16 inches. 400 ex shocks are 16 1/2 inches. I haven't looked into which had the better stock shock but both are within half an inch of the asr long travel suggestion. From what I've heard, Honda shocks work but the mounts aren't as wide so you may need washers or spacers or something to take out some of the side to side play in the mounts (don't quote me though, do more research if you are interested or hopefully someone else can chime in)

Kfx 450 shocks are 16.5 will they fit on the mounts? And I would do the 400ex shocks but I want a shock I can get triple rate springs for later on