04 blaster, no spark

harleymc4u

Jul 15, 2009
can anybody walk me through the diagonistic,s
I have no spark at plug
My son was riding it, the motor revved up, squealed and then nothing
I have good compression maybe stator?????

try checking with a differnt plug first.. then trace the wires from the stator to the cdi and the igntion coil.. if all looks well there.. then your next step is to unplug the stator and use an ohm meter to check the coil resistane in the stator.. you'll find teh specs in the manual. and you'll actually find the procedure there as well. if everything check out ok there.. start looking at the flywheel key.. remove the stator cover and then remove the fylwheel nut (17mm if i remmeber correctly) then you'll need a flywheel puller. it threads in with left hand threads.. so backwards from normal.. pop the flywheel off and look for a small woodruff key.. if it's broke theres your problem.. the reason i say go right for teh key is the squealing noise you heard.. if you kick thta machine over does it backfire or make a popping noise through the carb?

But if he has good compression. Im not sure the key is broken. But possibly.

Do the checks that 370 has suggested. Thats the way to find your problem. Also do a search on here, I wrote up the entire procedure a few years back. You can search by my name and find all the posts Ive done.

cheers