03 brake piston cover plate?

D-LASH

Jul 10, 2014
I'm missing the cover over the piston on the caliper that presses against the pad. I started to make a disc or try n find a metal piece small enough to fit in there when I realized I'm not 100% sure if it mounts flush or recessed a bit in the circle on top of the cylinder. So, I was curious if anyone has a picture of what it looks like. I'll be by a dealer tomorrow, but I'm just preparing for them to not have the part. Any help on this would be appreciated. My plan was to use thin Lexan, but it may be too thick. Than made a plastic disc, but I questioned it's integrity.

I keep seeing diagram pictures showing a (2) seal type cover? Are they rings? Now I really hope the dealer has these... Prob not being a 7 yr old bike.

Try as hard as I can, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Y03YFS200R27.gif

Y03YFS200R25.gif

LOL, I posted the wrong picture. It was supposed to be a zoomed in shot of the diagram you have, hi lighting "#6", the caliper piston seals. I thought it was a cover plate... It's actually 2 rubber seals, is that right?

Yes, #6 is the caliper piston seals. There is no "cover plate" on the piston. So... You're really not missing anything?